poulan 3450, bad ass saw or meh it's green?

DefinitiveDave

I do want to see skinny guys in speedos
Reaction score
My CAD kicked in a little yesterday and this saw spoke to me and followed me home. I am a stihl guy, but some other saws just seem to have something about them that grabs me too. Seems like every other day somebody asks me if I have any 3400 countervibes for sale (I don't, but some parts, AV mounts, mufflers, some other stuff), so when I saw this 3450 on the shelf I had to pick it up and was surprised by the heft and solid feel, in my head a plastic cover means a cheap saw (obviously nonsense all my Stihls have plastic covers), so I took it outside and three choke pulls got me a cough and then one pull off choke brought the beast to life. It makes me want to pull the 361 and 306a off the wall and see if I can get them to run. Like I need another hobby.... IMG_001.jpg

Last edited:

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Reaction score
dunno anything about that one, but have a 4200 that is one of my fav 2 or 3. put it on the poulan thread here... some one there will fill you in

Sprintcar

mf'er on the other site
Reaction score
The 3450 at 54cc and the 3750 at 60cc are the most underrated saws ever produced. When tuned correctly these saws will hold their own against anything ever built. Good buy IMHO, wish I had about 5 more of these.

OhioGregg

Reaction score
My CAD kicked in a little yesterday and this saw spoke to me and followed me home. I am a stihl guy, but some other saws just seem to have something about them that grabs me too. Seems like every other day somebody asks me if I have any 3400 countervibes for sale (I don't, but some parts, AV mounts, mufflers, some other stuff), so when I saw this 3450 on the shelf I had to pick it up and was surprised by the heft and solid feel, in my head a plastic cover means a cheap saw (obviously nonsense all my Stihls have plastic covers), so I took it outside and three choke pulls got me a cough and then one pull off choke brought the beast to life. It makes me want to pull the 361 and 306a off the wall and see if I can get them to run. Like I need another hobby....View attachment 2417

Should be a real nice saw you have there. Like others have said, the 3450 is 54cc, the 3750 is 60cc. BUT, Some of the 3450's actually came with a 60cc top end on them. Just what they had available at time of production run I guess. Some fellas have noticed the type 3 saws, on the tag, had them I believe.

The 3450 & 3750 are the green versions of the Poulan Pro 330 & Super 380 saws. Which are gold & black. But most parts interchange.

Gregg,

Redunshee

Reaction score
Should be a real nice saw you have there. Like others have said, the 3450 is 54cc, the 3750 is 60cc. BUT, Some of the 3450's actually came with a 60cc top end on them. Just what they had available at time of production run I guess. Some fellas have noticed the type 3 saws, on the tag, had them I believe.

The 3450 & 3750 are the green versions of the Poulan Pro 330 & Super 380 saws. Which are gold & black. But most parts interchange.

Gregg,

The 3450 Type 3 is 60cc's, even though the decals say 54. The Type 3 has a Gilardoni piston. I bought a 3450 and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a Type 3. Talk about stepping in you know what!
Bob

DefinitiveDave

I do want to see skinny guys in speedos
Reaction score
Just ran out to the garage like a kid at Christmas but the tag says type 1 :( Dave

Redunshee

Reaction score
The 3450 Type 3 is 60cc's, even though the decals say 54. The Type 3 has a Gilardoni piston. I bought a 3450 and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a Type 3. Talk about stepping in you know what!
Bob
I should have said Gilardoni cylinder, not piston.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Easy way to tell.

60cc has fins on top. Like pic below. 54cc is flat across top.

3000 FPS

Reaction score
I have two of the 3450 type 1 poulan saws. They are good running saws and you will not be disappointed with it. I would check the external impulse line and make sure it is ok. One of the 3450's I have I removed the base gasket and muffler modded the exhaust. Just some minor tweaking and the saw cuts real good.

dboyd351

Reaction score
Awhile back (maybe 5 or so years ago) there was a guy who had bought a whole bunch of New in the box 3450s and was selling them on Craigslist. He bought a couple of pallet loads from a warehouse somewhere, or something like that. I couldn't resist, so I bought one. It is still in the original box with everything just like it came from the factory.

Latest posts