Powa toolz.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Ima 18v lithium makita snob. Hot damn dem werk gud

Have a drill/impact driver combo in that breed. Very tough.

I was always a Dewalt guy but they took to long for lithium. Jumped ship to milwaukee years ago and never looked back.

Purdy sweet the Mac guys have Dewalt now though.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I never cared for dewalt. Probably has to do with the fact that they're black and deckers in yellow (or the other way around I dunno).

Milwaukee has been awesome, never played with their cordless stuff but we have a corded hammer drill (combo drill with multi feature head thing, hammer, regular and clutched or something), and a right angle drill. Good stuff fo sho.

I got a 30 year old 1/2" makita drill of dads, and that sumbitch will break your wrist before it stops turnin. Never have I used a drill so powerful as that thing. She don't turn fast, but she don't stop turnin either.

Dad has the small 12v dewalt kit at home that has a drill and an impact. Them little puppies are impressive. They'd be perfect for chainsaw repair, but I like to keep all the tools in the shop universal and we already use the makita stuff.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
Im partial to the makita cordless stuff ,have 14.2 ,12,and a 9.6 volt still drillin ,started out with a 7.2 volt drill n flashlite kit back in 83 [charge em up once n awhile to see if they still work ,batts are tired ,lite still shines brite ,but not very long ] . have a snap-on 18 vt 1/2 " impact that is pretty handy ,specially out on the road for lugnuts on light duty stuff:cool:

Reactions: 1 person

PB

Nov 5, 2012
Another Milwaukee guy here. I had used Dewalt for some time but never had good luck with battery life (pre lithium days). Seems like they would only last 2 years and then they were good for 20 minutes. I used to do assembly work and they provided Makita tools. They were okay for light stuff but when you really used them the clutches would go out and generally lacked power of the comparable Dewalt or Milwaukee. I bought a 14.4v Milwaukee driver in 2005, assembled every gas grill, wheelbarrow, cart, lawn mower, etc at 3 Home Depots for 3 years and it still works great. The clutch has been going down hill for 2 years but still holds on. That drill has assembled 1000's of grills and owes me nothing. My replacement will be an M18 Fuel when/if the need arises. Started with that drill now I have a Milwaukee circular saw, reciprocating saw, and heat gun. Nothing against the other brands but Milwaukee has never let me down. :thumbsup:

I didn't mean to like my own post, the damn button is too close to the edit button.

Reactions: 3 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I'm a DeWalt guy mainly because of work.

Being at Bristol Mountain and Roseland Waterpark that's all we've ever had over the years. Been using DeWalt powa toolz since 1998 @ work. Even my dad got his first 12v drill in the 90's and it was a DeWalt.

All the toolz we had at Bristol and the Waterpark were the 18v nickel batteries. The batteries didn't seem to last forever but at places like that the toolz get beat to hell and the batteries get every bit of life drained right out of them. When batteries went bad we just got a couple new ones. Easy for a tool budget where ya work, but we used the crap out of the DeWalt sets and they've all stayed tried and true to me over the years - I'm sold!

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I bought my older brother the Porter Cable Lith set last year for his birthday. He uses the crap out of his stuff and he loves it.

Can't go wrong with Porter Cable, especially with the prices you can get their toolz at....

Freehand

Bump-Shizzy
Apr 7, 2013
Bitches Be Trippin
I've been stuck with DeWalt 18v for years. Agreed they took for damn ever to get the lithium line going, and I was just about to give up on them. I just stay away from the "homeowner" line and those impudent "compact" batteries. On Feebay a feller can get the new 18v lithium xrp's for around 70$ a piece. Around 10x the charge cycle life over those stinking nicads.

Reactions: 2 people

srcarr52

Feb 11, 2013
IOWA
Ima 18v lithium makita snob. Hot damn dem werk gud

Same here! Our race team used to run Dewalt 18v XRP drills and 1/2 impact but the batteries would only last 3-4 months. When the Makita LI's came out we made the switch and in 5 years we have maybe toasted 2 batteries. But you have to keep the 1/4" drive impacts out of the old guys hands... they use them to put body bolts in half crocked all the time. :ahah: