Quantcast

Project Stumpbroke 075av

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Reaction score
Finally I have a chance to git ahead of Randy. The first build thread on SH:banana:
Britt, AKA Hank Chinaski had this 075av sent to me to build for him. He's the one that had the 3120 in my shop when it burnt. That saw will run again someday, but he wanted me to do this one to tide him over.
He surprised me when he told me he wanted it moddified. I'm gonna try not to go crazy with it.
The cyl was Scored when I got it so I couldn't git any before cuts. Here's the only pics I got right now,

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
That's a clean old saw stump. Both ports on the same side of the cylinder could prove to be interesting...

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Reaction score
The cyl cleaned up real nice with some acid & elbow grease.
I stuck the degree wheel on it. to see where it was @ stock

ex-100
dur-160

tr-118
dur-124

in-106
dur-148

BD-18

sq .036''

I'm waiting on the new piston to arrive so I can finish it up.

Take that Randy:finger::yougo:
& before anybody git's upset at me for pokin at the Mastermind. This is all in good fun. I have the upmost respect for Randy. Just seems like he's always a step ahead of me.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Sweet :rock2:
Gonna use brand new parts still readily available I presume? I mean, that saw was only discontinued one, maybe two weeks ago?

What's the CC's on a 075 anyway?

Special Ed

Reaction score
I believe the 075AV is 111cc ? Can't wait for a vid of this animal. I had one, but sold it before I could mod it beyond the muffler. :banana:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Ohhhh, definitely looking forward to this one then!

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Reaction score
I'm useing a AM piston from Northwoods. They don't have a meteor so this one is a VEC. Don't look to bad & is a few OZ lighter than the OEM. I'm useing caber rings though.
The piston is getting worked on right now.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Are these typically loud like the old Macs and Homelites? Nothing like that vintage big boy sound. You better post a video when she's up and running :yup:

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Reaction score
Are these typically loud like the old Macs and Homelites? Nothing like that vintage big boy sound. You better post a video when she's up and running :yup:

I don't think they're quite as loud.
Oh you bet I'll have a vid of this thing. I'm hoping Hedgerow will be able to bring over the 075 he put together for the raffle to rum em side by side.

NORMZILLA44

Reaction score
Stumpy my friend looking good! I love the 075-076's I never ran the 75, but many 76's, in big wood. Trees that came down in storms. Never lacked any power strong workhorse! Wheres the like button, and rep for ya? LOL!

procarbine2k1

Reaction score
Im going to tear into mine tomorrow. Never had one, but bought one a week ago and just came in tonight! Im stoked. I will be following this build!

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Reaction score
I've got the piston finished & the squish set @ .022'' with a gasket. Pics later once I get them uploaded.:thumbsup:

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
I don't think they're quite as loud.
Oh you bet I'll have a vid of this thing. I'm hoping Hedgerow will be able to bring over the 075 he put together for the raffle to rum em side by side.

Not a problem bro'... I got this big thing just waiting to wear a bar and be tuned in some wood...:rock:

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Reaction score
I got the piston done and the cyl ported. No pics of the cyl yet.
Laid out for popup. The 075's have a spherical piston top so and an offset D-shaped combustion chamber. So i welded a popup on it & turned it down.

Here's some pics of how much I opened up the windows.

The piston is almost an oz. lighter than stock. I don't polish the work I do on the piston or transfers to aid in atomization of the fuel/air mix going into the combustion chamber.
Also the pits on the top have been filled.

I'll admit that this is not my best work, but I've got all new tools to work with & not in the groove yet.

Latest posts