Quantcast

Red Armor Oil

PB

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Echo/Shindaiwa's red armor oil? Is it the same stuff found in numerous other packaging or is it really some new marvelous oil?

http://www.redarmoroil.com/

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
I think I saw that stuff last fall somewhere. Can't recall the place that had it.

Pretty sure it's made by Spectrum. Don't remember where I heard that either, lol.....

mweba

Reaction score
I think I saw that stuff last fall somewhere. Can't recall the place that had it.

Pretty sure it's made by Spectrum. Don't remember where I heard that either, lol.....

Gary?

PB

Reaction score
If you click on the pictures on the website, the piston moves but the background doesn't. :confused:

Is this anti-carbon property unique to Red Armor or do other oils have it too? Seems like a gimmick to me.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
If you click on the pictures on the website, the piston moves but the background doesn't. :confused:

Is this anti-carbon property unique to Red Armor or do other oils have it too? Seems like a gimmick to me.

I don't know about cleaning carbon but I know the Stihl Ultra oil prevents carbon build up.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Everybody swears by their own oil. Some guys like all synthetic. Others like dino. Some go for blend. A bunch say use OEM oil only. Some say use OEM oil, but brand doesn't matter as long as it's a OEM. A few get more specific "My Stihl 440 is best with Husky XP oil, it stays cleaner - but I run Stihl Ultra in my 460"

I focus more on properly mixed ratios. Of course I have Husky oil here, but honestly I can go elsewhere and buy some oils cheaper than my cost. But I don't, I like the Husky stuff. I haven't owned a saw for 30 years to tell anybody how well one works over another.

Fresh fuel and proper ratios will outlast by far any superior oil with bad fuel or superior fuel with bad oil.

PB

Reaction score
Everybody swears by their own oil. Some guys like all synthetic. Others like dino. Some go for blend. A bunch say use OEM oil only. Some say use OEM oil, but brand doesn't matter as long as it's a OEM. A few get more specific "My Stihl 440 is best with Husky XP oil, it stays cleaner - but I run Stihl Ultra in my 460"

I focus more on properly mixed ratios. Of course I have Husky oil here, but honestly I can go elsewhere and buy some oils cheaper than my cost. But I don't, I like the Husky stuff. I haven't owned a saw for 30 years to tell anybody how well one works over another.

Fresh fuel and proper ratios will outlast by far any superior oil with bad fuel or superior fuel with bad oil.

I swear by the super buttered lobster juice. :) (that's what she said). All I want to know is if this is something truly new or if it is just a new marketing gimmick by Echo/Shinny. Not looking for a new oil, just info if there is any.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I don't know about the oil, but ill say this - Is echo all about marketing or bringing new innovation to the table?

PB

Reaction score
I don't know about the oil, but ill say this - Is echo all about marketing or bringing new innovation to the table?

Good point. :) Although I used to think Shindaiwa was ahead of their time with their trimmers. This was before the merger though.

Speaking of oil, what kind of Husky dealer doesn't stock XP oil? :saywhat:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Good point. :) Although I used to think Shindaiwa was ahead of their time with their trimmers. This was before the merger though.

Speaking of oil, what kind of Husky dealer doesn't stock XP oil? :saywhat:

Good question. I'm gonna have to defer on this one LOL

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Didn't know there was one. What day is it?

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score

Yup yup and yup.

Latest posts