Quantcast

remember me box

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
why or what is the purpose of the remember me box on the log in page ??i always click it ...but i dont kno why ... hmmmm :smoking::smoking:

Hank Chinaski

Reaction score
click it once.

It will remember your password/username via cookies, so you won't have to type them in each time you come to this page.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
It's a pretty nice feature - until it lets you down lol. I went for the longest time not having to log in to any of the sites I frequent - then something happened and my comp took a dump of all the stored cookies apparently. I didn't have any passwords/user names written down and I had to go through the process of "Forgotten Username" and "Forgotten Password" trials to gain access again. Don't lose your info!

mweba

Reaction score
If you use Google Chrome for a browser, just sign in on any computer and all of your browser setting are automatically loaded. Passwords, favorites and frequently views pages are all displayed as if its your own computer. Of course you have to remember to log out when done.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'll have to check it out. I've been stuck with IE because of business restrictions, a bunch of dealer sites function only on IE so it seems. Safari and Firefox wouldn't correctly load pages for some reason.

mweba

Reaction score
I'll have to check it out. I've been stuck with IE because of business restrictions, a bunch of dealer sites function only on IE so it seems. Safari and Firefox wouldn't correctly load pages for some reason.

Ya chrome doesn't load Husky dealer pages well. Tried it

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Ya chrome doesn't load Husky dealer pages well. Tried it

Yes, I'm currently pulling my hair out trying to get the online parts lookup working..... I take it there's no fix? I've added ActiveX to no success. I read something about it automatically downloading default.aspx files instead of opening the pages? I don't know how to turn that off.....

It's gotta be all or nothing for me lol, I can't be trying to flip around a bunch of different browsers for different things. And the same thing goes for home, I'm not going to be playing by IE rules at work then flop back to Chrome at home.... I like having things set up universally so it's consistent.

mweba

Reaction score
Agreed but that is what I do....flip over to ie when I have to. Chrome is just that much better to me. It has something to do with how chrome deals with cookies. There is a way but it escapes me

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Agreed but that is what I do....flip over to ie when I have to. Chrome is just that much better to me. It has something to do with how chrome deals with cookies. There is a way but it escapes me

How many sites approximately do you have to switch over for? Just Husky or is that pretty much it? I guess if it's just Husky it wouldn't bother me too much.....

mweba

Reaction score
So far in the small engine world, its just Husky's dealer side. 99% of the time we use Parts Smart for look up so it doesn't bother me much.

There is a couple auto part distributors I deal with that are not compatible as well. They will ALL be assimilated!

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Reaction score
The "remember me" box doesn't work on this forum for me, even though it does for every other forum.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
The "remember me" box doesn't work on this forum for me, even though it does for every other forum.

Every time you click "remember me" Chucka goes in and says forget that chiat :lol: just to mess with you.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
woodchuckr, if you are logged in ,and inactive for awhile does the site shut you down??is there a time limit , i have had to log in 3 times today jk

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
woodchuckr, if you are logged in ,and inactive for awhile does the site shut you down??is there a time limit , i have had to log in 3 times today jk

I believe there is, I've used other comps and didn't hit the remember me button and I've had to re-login without closing the browser.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Something must be up with the cookie settings in the browser or something. But if you're experiencing it here and not anywhere else I have no idea what it could be.

I've never had the issues some of you are having. :notsure:

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score

I'm having to log in every time as well even though I use the "remember me " feature . No problems on other sites .
I get a V Bulletin message that states .. Invalid url redirect ,or something to that affect .
If you can figure it out, great . If not , that's fine to .

Latest posts