Road trip!!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Well the wife and I are finally getting to our honeymoon. We are road tripping to niagara falls, and camping along the way. We may break down and stay in a hotel/motel for a night but the plan involves nights in Vermont, fair haven, Youngstown.... So far. I found Watkins glen is pretty much on our way and I'd like to stop there so a night in that vicinity will probably happen. I'm looking forward to it, New York is an awesome state. I've seen a lot of Maine, it's time to start checking out the rest of this country.

Reactions: 5 people

motomedik

Feb 26, 2012
The Glen is right in my back yard...kinda. The Finger Lakes are a nice area, wine tours, the lakes, waterfalls, parks, etc. I love the Glen Curtis museum in Hammondsport (1 lake west of Seneca).

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Nice!! We're going there on Friday then spending the night in Ithaca. Stopping at a winery that jason told us about (and was kind enough to give us some wine from there) to pick up as much as we can fit in the truck lol. Gotta hit up Dave over at Daves mower and see what kind of trouble we can get into there first though. It's been fun so far, we're on the ferry to Plattsburgh across lake Champlain now. Went to Cabot cheese and ben & jerrys ice cream yesterday. Adirondacks, lake placid, and Oswego today!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
So I stop by this place on the way. Needless to say im less than impressed. The guy ain't even here. He only sells this Stihl branded crap. What a bum.

Reactions: 3 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
So I stop by this place on the way. Needless to say im less than impressed. The guy ain't even here. He only sells this Stihl branded crap. What a bum.

Its before ten duh. Hasn't even rolled out of bed yet

Reactions: 1 person

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012

Reminds me of a Husky shop up in Maine that I stopped bye to visit and no one would come to the door.:happywink:

Reactions: 2 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Made it home. Gonna try to weave my way through the 1200+\- pics we took and get some uploaded.

Who the hell is that???

Yes, I managed to play with a chainsaw on muh honeymoon vacation. Gotta say I got me a keeper of a wife, not sure yet what she got out of the deal lol. Don't Bob look like he knows what he's doin with that thing eh?

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I was up at the crack of 8 that morning but had to run to DMV and turn in my old plates.

How did your wife like the Wineries and Saw shops of the Fingerlakes tour?

She loved the scenery driving around. We only went to one winery, kinda short on time but it was definitely worth it. Jason hooked us up with some from Hunt Country so that's where we went. I bought a half dozen bottles, which after last nights downing of one seems to be an insufficient quantity. Just gives me another excuse to head back into western NY this fall :evilgrin:

The saw shop tours were admittedly for myself, she has no interest in saws. I can't hardly get her into my shop. But I'll say the two stops I made were great. Got to meet Dave, and saw Bob again. :banana: