Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

RPSC Derby Pics 2013

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
Name this fish...

There were 75-80lbs of pike fillets.......this is only half

Here is Jason with 1st (12.7lbs) & 3rd (10.1lbs) Place pike

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
First pic looks like a pickerel, but I assume this to be a trick question..... :coffee:

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
First pic looks like a pickerel, but I assume this to be a trick question..... :coffee:

One of our categories is "largest pickerel". Whether its a chain pickerel or grass pickerel, doesnt matter. The prize is $50. Pickerel rarely grow larger than 3lbs and have golden green hue to them.

Well....this thing landed on the scales Sat evening (2.06lb) and its definetly part pickerel of the sorts, but has no chain or grass pickerel markings.
You'll notice its markings follow a somewhat vertical pattern typically found on a tiger musky.
What it is, who knows? Its a hybrid / crossbred something or other with pickerel :dunno:
It got out weighed early Sunday afternoon.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Musky would have been next guess but it looks more pickerel to me. Crazy interbreeding, next thing we'll see humans doing it too :wtf:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Did you see the snout or just the body?

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
Musky would have been next guess but it looks more pickerel to me. Crazy interbreeding, next thing we'll see humans doing it too :wtf:

Saw the whole fish, they filleted it before I could take a picture.

Here's the chain pickerel that out weighed the "hybrid"

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
Next year we've opened the boundaries to include all of Lake Champlain.
You should come out.....great times !!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'd love to. This weekend I'm hoping to get out riding the sled for the first time this year. I still have yet to be ice fishing. Even got a set of chains set up on the wheeler to make life a little easier. Much rather use a wheeler for fishing than a sled. Easier to transport to and from the lake ;)

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
I'd love to. This weekend I'm hoping to get out riding the sled for the first time this year. I still have yet to be ice fishing. Even got a set of chains set up on the wheeler to make life a little easier. Much rather use a wheeler for fishing than a sled. Easier to transport to and from the lake ;)

Yeah.
But I just drive my truck......thats MUCH easier.
Plenty of ice where I go.
This year is the first in four years I did not actually participate.
I am a trustee on the board of directors for our local sportsmans club.
I just hung out, helped with weigh-ins, drank beer, took pictures and relaxed.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I used to drive on the ice in the past. But, you won't see my truck out there anymore. I know the ratings and what's safe, still not gonna chance it when I got a wheeler or a sled to cart me around. Fun to use, too :party:

Latest posts