Sandy

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Windier than hell here in the Norfeast. Rainin' like a bastage too.

The worst has yet to come, and we're already at 55mph constant right now.

Wind patterns @ 11:42pm ET.

Reactions: 2 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Binghamton NY map of northern PA and just about all of NY.

Gonna be a wet night. Lotta stuff headin' for Rochester. I'm in Dansville - winds will prolly be much worse up here in the hills.....

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I can't believe we didn't lose power, because we lose power when a sparrow farts on
a power line out here.

Here the rain was much worse than the wind it was windy, but we regularly have 30 mph winds
We maxed out at 40-50 mph gusts.

Reactions: 3 people

motomedik

Feb 26, 2012
They really hyped up the storm, even for those of us inland. We went to grab a few supplies just in case, and Walmart was out of water completely, among other things. Went and got a generator from the boss' house and he had me prep it- figured we'd need to run the shop off it today. Kind of doubt we will lose power at this point.

Put an extra saw and gas in the truck though

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Never lost power lastnight. But my mother did in Naples for a couple hours (lastnight around 9:00) and so did my friend in Potter.

Woke up at 5:00 and I could hear chainsaws running so I would presume a neighbor nearby had something hit their house......

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Lots of wind, plenty of branches down around here. Rain was absolutely drenching for long periods quite a few times yesterday and last night. I've never seen a tree bend so far without breaking, the top practically touched the ground then it stood back up. Haven't seen much for complete tree damage but definitely lots of branches everywhere.

de_dubya

Oct 28, 2012
Mt Washington, KY
Thoughts and prays to those that need them, seems Mother Nature has no problem letting us know how small and insignificant we are...

dw

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
my neighborhood got off easy [just a few downed trees /alot of branches and minimal power outages] the most damage was along the hudson river when all that tidal surge pushed upstream inland and flooded areas that have never experienced back wash like this before ,some isolated areas are still in the dark , probably good this didnt happen when the temps are below freezing [50-60s]during the storm . glad to live on top of a high spot :thumbsup::dance:

motomedik

Feb 26, 2012
Anyone hear from Bob? Hope all's well. Probably just crazy busy. We got very little wind, virtually no power out around and not even really alot of rain, considering what they forecast.

Def the coast got the very worst of it, wish I was closer to help with the cleanup. Some day I hope to not be so tied to a job (need the money) that I can take a few days and help with the cleanup after some thing like this. It'd be cool to lend a hand, pick up a shovel, saw, hammer, whatever and just help!

Reactions: 2 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Most definitely Norm.

I'm roughly 6hrs northeast of NYC (50 miles south of Rochester, Dansville NY).

Had some nasty winds here and a chit load of rain, but we stayed safe for the most part. My older brother lives in the city of Rochester, and the power has been out there since Tuesday. Word has it they won't get it turned back on until Friday @ 11:00pm.

Had some trees down in the 'Southern Tier' but other than that we stayed in good shape. :thumbsup:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Most definitely Norm.

I'm roughly 6hrs northeast of NYC (50 miles south of Rochester, Dansville NY).

Had some nasty winds here and a chit load of rain, but we stayed safe for the most part. My older brother lives in the city of Rochester, and the power has been out there since Tuesday. Word has it they won't get it turned back on until Friday @ 11:00pm.

Had some trees down in the 'Southern Tier' but other than that we stayed in good shape. :thumbsup:

6 hours northeast???? :eek3:

Reactions: 1 person