Save Edge Files

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I haven't found out a suitable price for shipping yet but if you guys like Save Edge files I'm getting some in. I have a rather small first order to check them out and see if they are the real deal and compare price per file along with quality, longevity, and performance to the Husky and Oregon files. I know they get rave reviews everywhere so I'm not too worried about it. I'll be carrying the round files along with square files - those at the moment will be goofy and chisel bit, no three corner files - but I can certainly get them. I've got a couple of their filing guide kits coming also to check those out and a couple stump vises.

If you guys express some interest in this stuff I'd be more than happy to work something out. Just let me know what you're looking for. In the meantime I'll figure out some sort of pricing and get it posted up.

Reactions: 2 people

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
I dont hand file often ,but when I do ,I always use Save Edge, stay sharp my friends ..... they do seem to work better on the harder stihl and carlton chain brands , less strokes to get a keen edge jk :clap:

Reactions: 5 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
Save edge last 3 times longer than oregon files for me. I can't even work over a 60 dl chain with one oregon but I can do 3 chains with one save edge.

Reactions: 5 people

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
Cant we still just order from save edge directly? I always just used internet or a phone call in the past and they ship right to the house and then send a bill. :dunno: Havent went through my last order so it's been awhile.

The files blow oregon husky files away.

The file guides I like 2nd to stihl's the best. Like the SA better then oregon guides though.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Cant we still just order from save edge directly? I always just used internet or a phone call in the past and they ship right to the house and then send a bill. :dunno: Havent went through my last order so it's been awhile.

The files blow oregon husky files away.

The file guides I like 2nd to stihl's the best. Like the SA better then oregon guides though.
I had to fill out a form and application to become a dealer in order to order so something may have changed. This was my first order placed today so we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: 3 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
If they have 1/8" those would work awesome for cleaning gullets out on square ground.;)

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
Yep something has changed for sure. I went to their website and where I used to see all the prices etc and put stuff in a shopping cart is now all gone. They must have went away from direct sales and through dealers only, maybe.

Sent them a email with my customer number to find out for sure. No biggie if they did we all know how to get files. :wink:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Yep something has changed for sure. I went to their website and where I used to see all the prices etc and put stuff in a shopping cart is now all gone. They must have went away from direct sales and through dealers only, maybe.

Sent them a email with my customer number to find out for sure. No biggie if they did we all know how to get files. :wink:
Ya it's not that complicated to find files :laughing: And their prices from the best I can see are better than any other name out there so you get the best for less even if it ends up being retail :trophy: But who are we kidding, who in their right mind who knows their way around the internet pays retail? :D

Reactions: 2 people

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
I haven't found out a suitable price for shipping yet but if you guys like Save Edge files I'm getting some in.

Whats the length on that small flat rate box? It's like $5.25 and unlimited weight if shipped in the US and 4lbs international. Used them alot but never paid attention if long enough to ship files in.

Got a guy coming by to pick up 2 saws and when he does I will hopefully to remember to check to see if boxes of files will fit in small flat rate box.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Whats the length on that small flat rate box? It's like $5.25 and unlimited weight if shipped in the US and 4lbs international. Used them alot but never paid attention if long enough to ship files in.

Got a guy coming by to pick up 2 saws and when he does I will hopefully to remember to check to see if boxes of files will fit in small flat rate box.
I think the flat rate boxes got a little bigger when they upped the price from 4.95 to 5.15 so they might fit diagonally.

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
small flat rate only fits 6" files in bulk boxes.

8" files no go in box. Only barely fit if removed from box they come in and diagonal. I wouldnt on those.

Might look at the next box size that is just like the small one but goes by weight for 8" files.

Maybe I have some smaller flat rate boxes still?

Info from usps below.

Small Box Inside: 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8" Outside: 8 11/16" x 5 7/16" x 1 3/4"
Priority large video box looks good, but not flat rate. Inside: 9 1/4" x 6 1/4" x 2" Outside: 9 9/16" x 6 7/16" x 2 3/16"

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I've seen boxes large enough either parcel or priority to fit files that shipped for less than the next size up flat rate box. I think it was around $8 or something like that and there were 4-6 chains in the box so weight would be similar. Pretty much anything ups is going to be $10 unless you get a stellar discount. I can ship a saw for a few bucks more than a small parts box with them. But the insurance and reimbursement via ups is super quick and easy to deal with when you need it - try getting that from the USPS. So it's a trade off playing the price game. Most of the time you don't have to worry about it - but when yo do its nice to know it's going to be handled efficiently.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I haven't received my order yet but the guy emailed a response saying they were processing my order sometime last week. They should be here soon. I just need to figure out how to hookem up to something electric....

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
The way I am going through files giving them to firewood guys I am going to have to restock pretty soon. I am looking at $15 for low-$18 highest priced a dozen right now.

What are you guys selling for before shipping.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
I haven't received my order yet but the guy emailed a response saying they were processing my order sometime last week. They should be here soon. I just need to figure out how to hookem up to something electric....
You could put em in a blender [I dont know why ,maybe durability testing] :jesterlaugh::dance::rofl:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
The way I am going through files giving them to firewood guys I am going to have to restock pretty soon. I am looking at $15 for low-$18 highest priced a dozen right now.

What are you guys selling for before shipping.
I'll dig out the pricing tomorrow if I remember. $15 per dozen sounds like a decent price off the top of my head, but something tells me I had them priced around $13.50/dozen. I sell many things in different quantities so ill have to double check lol