Quantcast

Shop improvements

mweba

Reaction score
Been crazy busy since I "finished" my new shop. Year and a half in here and I'm still scrambling to get where I'd like to be.

Waiting on parts after today, I decided to knock this long awaited/needed project out. Wife took the kids to town soooo lets do this.

For years I used an air lift table but it always filled up with chit and took up to much space. A ceiling mounted winch has been my replacement plan.

mweba

Reaction score
The tracking is a sliding door unit. The rollers are the heaviest I could dig up for said track. Now I do not intend to drop in small block chevys with this but sitting a skid loader engine of lifting the front of a mower will be easy.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
That's badass Mitch...!

My dad did a similar setup years back for lifting up his mower deck. His was fixed though, bolted through the main top beam. He bought a bigger and badder winch but he never got around to swapping it out. The small one is still in his barn and it'll lift just about anything ya need....

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Nice. Do you have a mojack? As stupid as it looked to me at first, it has really come in handy.

mweba

Reaction score
That's badass Mitch...!

My dad did a similar setup years back for lifting up his mower deck. His was fixed though, bolted through the main top beam. He bought a bigger and badder winch but he never got around to swapping it out. The small one is still in his barn and it'll lift just about anything ya need....

These little winches are sweet. They can be had for $80 and this one has a wireless remote. That is one of my main jobs for it, mower deck work.

mweba

Reaction score
Nice. Do you have a mojack? As stupid as it looked to me at first, it has really come in handy.

No, have looked at em many times but never pulled the trigger. Have a skid loader though :bananarock:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
These little winches are sweet. They can be had for $80 and this one has a wireless remote. That is one of my main jobs for it, mower deck work.

I recently bought a winch for my trailer, it's 12V and has a remote but it's wired to the winch. About 3-4 feet long I think. This will come in handy when those non-running flat tired POS tractors need to be picked up :D Simple hookup to the front of the trailer via carabiner or hitch clip or something. Don't have much of a need for one on the ceiling though, seldom need to hoist something. We do have a chainfall and barely use it.

mweba

Reaction score
Done! Works better than I thought it would.

Quick disconnect and rf harness.

mweba

Reaction score
So is that receptacle 12 volts , wired to a battery and charger on the floor?

Battery on a tray resting on the door opener. Charge it once ever month. Planned on putting a trickle charger on it but as is it lifts two mowers a day.

Latest posts