Shop improvements

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Been crazy busy since I "finished" my new shop. Year and a half in here and I'm still scrambling to get where I'd like to be.

Waiting on parts after today, I decided to knock this long awaited/needed project out. Wife took the kids to town soooo lets do this.

For years I used an air lift table but it always filled up with chit and took up to much space. A ceiling mounted winch has been my replacement plan.

Reactions: 7 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
The tracking is a sliding door unit. The rollers are the heaviest I could dig up for said track. Now I do not intend to drop in small block chevys with this but sitting a skid loader engine of lifting the front of a mower will be easy.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
That's badass Mitch...!

My dad did a similar setup years back for lifting up his mower deck. His was fixed though, bolted through the main top beam. He bought a bigger and badder winch but he never got around to swapping it out. The small one is still in his barn and it'll lift just about anything ya need....

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
That's badass Mitch...!

My dad did a similar setup years back for lifting up his mower deck. His was fixed though, bolted through the main top beam. He bought a bigger and badder winch but he never got around to swapping it out. The small one is still in his barn and it'll lift just about anything ya need....

These little winches are sweet. They can be had for $80 and this one has a wireless remote. That is one of my main jobs for it, mower deck work.

Reactions: 2 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Nice. Do you have a mojack? As stupid as it looked to me at first, it has really come in handy.

No, have looked at em many times but never pulled the trigger. Have a skid loader though :bananarock:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
These little winches are sweet. They can be had for $80 and this one has a wireless remote. That is one of my main jobs for it, mower deck work.

I recently bought a winch for my trailer, it's 12V and has a remote but it's wired to the winch. About 3-4 feet long I think. This will come in handy when those non-running flat tired POS tractors need to be picked up :D Simple hookup to the front of the trailer via carabiner or hitch clip or something. Don't have much of a need for one on the ceiling though, seldom need to hoist something. We do have a chainfall and barely use it.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Done! Works better than I thought it would.

Quick disconnect and rf harness.