Skyrim

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
This is pretty long, but if yer bored and have time, watch this chit.

This is why video games are so badass these days.

This game came out in November 2011. They worked on it for nearly 5yrs, and it had a 200 million dollar budget.

[video=youtube;5ZvaH8w5k7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZvaH8w5k7c[/video]

[video=youtube;TldaO3Ymmdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TldaO3Ymmdo[/video]

[video=youtube;D8dhYCrckVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dhYCrckVc[/video]

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
And if it wasn't so goddamn glitchy, especially on PS3, it would be great. But when I can't buy that frickin' house in Windhelm because I killed a woman to early it sucks a big fat one. :screwy:

Reactions: 1 person

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
My first play through, I did the Stormcloak/Imperial war.

I went with the side of the imperials and once Windhelm was destroyed and Ulfric Stormcloak was dead, the game completely glitched and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't fast travel, I could barely do any quests. The "battle music" was still playing in Windhelm and all the people in the town were stuck in "war mode". Ulfric was dead and the game was stuck as if I was about to kill him. I reloaded my game and tried it 50 times probably but it never helped. Sucked my ass, lol....

I'm currently on my 3rd play through. And yeah, it can be rather glitchy on the Xbox too. It's better now though. They've "fixed" quite a few things and there's all kind of glitch fixies on the internet. Things with the game aren't 100% perfect yet but a lot of the glitches can be managed now. Sucked last year when there was no way of "fixing" any of them at all.

You do any of the Dragonborn DLC yet....??

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
My first play through, I did the Stormcloak/Imperial war.

I went with the side of the imperials and once Windhelm was destroyed and Ulfric Stormcloak was dead, the game completely glitched and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't fast travel, I could barely do any quests. The "battle music" was still playing in Windhelm and all the people in the town were stuck in "war mode". Ulfric was dead and the game was stuck as if I was about to kill him. I reloaded my game and tried it 50 times probably but it never helped. Sucked my ass, lol....

I'm currently on my 3rd play through. And yeah, it can be rather glitchy on the Xbox too. It's better now though. They've "fixed" quite a few things and there's all kind of glitch fixies on the internet. Things with the game aren't 100% perfect yet but a lot of the glitches can be managed now. Sucked last year when there was no way of "fixing" any of them at all.

You, my friend, are a nerd....

Reactions: 3 people

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Last I checked, which was probably before Christmas, no DLC available for the PS3. Evidently, Bethesda releases everything for the PS3 last. Patches, updates, DLC, all of it. So while you Microsoft lemmings have had everything for months, us awesome and rebellious PS3 people get jack ✖✖✖✖. Weeeeeeeeeeee.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
50/50

On my third play through I figured I should try some casting. But it's not as great as some think it is.

Currently the only casting I use is resotration, and I'm sporting the expert robes of restoration (50% less magica for restoration spells and magica regens 150% faster). Definitely not as cool as the Daedric or Dragonbone armor but it's a little different. For a while I was doing destruction and one handed, but I didn't need to deliver so much damage at once so I removed my destruction perks and applied them to speech and restoration. But I always keep my enchanted Dragonbone War Axe with me, that hasn't changed (dually enchanted with soul trap and flame damage).

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
I don't remember threatening to ban anybody in any thread. But I'll probably ban chuck'r if he keeps sending me inappropriate PM's first thing in the morning.
The ones with the sauté pan and the feather duster?