SOooooooo .......

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
...... buddy at work has a 455 Rancher, and finds it too big .... he's also got a bigass Stihl for the big bucking. Wants something smaller for felling and limbing.

Big problem. I've got a 435 that's too small .....

Might do a trade with him, gonna see it on the weekend. Says his bro got it last summer and never used it, he did firewood with it his winter. Pretty much the same for me. Prolly not a bad deal for me ! :santabanana:

Reactions: 4 people

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
...... buddy at work has a 455 Rancher, and finds it too big .... he's also got a bigass Stihl for the big bucking. Wants something smaller for felling and limbing.

Big problem. I've got a 435 that's too small .....

Might do a trade with him, gonna see it on the weekend. Says his bro got it last summer and never used it, he did firewood with it his winter. Pretty much the same for me. Prolly not a bad deal for me ! :santabanana:
im gonna go ahead and say it (God help Me), The 455 is a pretty suprising saw power wise. They run circles around the 029/290's. Id swap in a minute....

Reactions: 4 people

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
No, gonna stay clear of the Stihl. It was his grandpa's and I know he wouldn't part with it anyway. Only considering the trade because both our saws are a year old. Wouldn't trade for something older unless it was bigass in the cc dept.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
im gonna go ahead and say it (God help Me), The 455 is a pretty suprising saw power wise. They run circles around the 029/290's. Id swap in a minute....
The Koolaid gang will be along to smite you momentarily...
But yes, the 455 ain't too bad at all...
It actually will run and oil a 20" bar...

So yes Dennis...
Run, don't walk to that trade!!!

Reactions: 1 person

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
That's too bad, sounds like for what you do the 455 would have been a sweet swap for the 435.
Yup. I even offered money with my saw. I guess she wears the big wallet over there.

Gives me something to work up to. Of course there's still the 266XP that was for sale from the jobber down the road, but it was pretty beat up. I'll stick to what's new(er) and rip cedar with buddys' 455 in the meantime.