Quantcast

Spike's GTG III

Spike60

Reaction score
Hey fellers, been a couple years since we did a GTG here at the store, so it's time for another one and your all invited. Date is Saturday Oct 6, start around 9-10 and go til we run out of wood or everyone gets bored. Town is Shokan in Ulster county. We are right on RT 28 and very easy to find.

There will be a couple folks from Husky here along with all the new models. They like dealers to do the fall open house/sawdust day thing, but as they are usually kind of a boring day filled with TW's, (time wasters), I thought that I'd spice things up by making a GTG out of it. I will have some deals on stuff, including some low prices on OEM P&C kits. We'll have a work bench for projects or fussy saws. Anyone have any project needs or things they want to swap with each other, just post them in ther thread.

I'll have a logger bring a load on the picker truck, so we should have plenty of wood in various sizes. A couple of big chunks for the 100cc+ boys. We aren't going to do cants or any kind of organized racing, but everyone can do whatever runoffs they want. (and I'm sure there will be plenty of them)

Only thing up in the air at this point is the food, but we'll get that sorted out shortly.

So, who's gonna be on the guest list?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'll be there. Leaving around 2am Saturday morning, spending the night somewhere, coming home Sunday.

Hey Jason - can you do me a HUGE favor (well, maybe 2?) - Pick up a case of Hunter's red if you have the opportunity in the next 3 weeks, I'll hit you some Paypal funds or cash at the GTG. And the other thing is leave that stupid XPW at home? No need to go embarassing people so badly. Ok thanks.

J.Walker

Reaction score
I was planning on bring some 75cc Huskys and Jonsereds to the GTG.
Just bought a nice 75cc Husky from TK's area, while he was on vaction last month.:rolleyes:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I was planning on bring some 75cc Huskys and Jonsereds to the GTG.
Just bought a nice 75cc Husky from TK's area, while he was on vaction last month.:rolleyes:

Is that where my saw went?? :ahah: Just like dad to sell it and not admit to it.... :D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Not sure where I could find any such things around here :D

Who wants lobstah? Start a tally. I'll check local prices in the next couple days to give you guys an idea. Prices subject to change of course up to the day before when I pick em up but shouldn't change much. They're pretty steady the last few years.

Mrs. J

Reaction score

Who wants lobstah? Start a tally. I'll check local prices in the next couple days to give you guys an idea. Prices subject to change of course up to the day before when I pick em up but shouldn't change much. They're pretty steady the last few years.

Now im jealous. Seriously lobster? I think we have been attending the wrong gtg's.

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Reaction score
all we get is some bologna at the w.ky gtg. :ugh:
:notsure:

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
I dunno what to bring to Spikes.....

I wonder what the heck I oughta bring to KY in Rocktoba!!!

Having to decide on what food to bring where is a wonderful problem. :)

Mrs. J

Reaction score
I dunno what to bring to Spikes.....

I wonder what the heck I oughta bring to KY in Rocktoba!!!

Having to decide on what food to bring where is a wonderful problem. :)

Just bring yer self. Unless you know how to make bacon apple pie. Then defn bring that. I told Wendell we would have one for him :)

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I think jason should try to make that, that sounds awesome. Bring it to spikes and we can try it out! :D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Lol. Jer could live off that stuff. We are having good BBQ this year. But nothing beats lobster.

I thought jer hated bologna with a passion? You better go ask him about that one. I need to know if he's been lyin to me!!

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score

OK screw it I'm coming! Put me down for 2 of them bad boys.

Spike60

Reaction score
Well, I see that TK has answered the food question. Just fill the back of the truck with lobsters. :bananacape: