Quantcast

Stihl ms250c

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
So this lil bugger showed up yesterday. First one I've seen yet. And I've gotta say its a really cool feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=mhee&v=6Jo9Y1I4L2w

That's really the only thing I liked but it was definitely cool. I pulled the rope fast because that allowed me to let it retract fully before the saw started. When I pulled it real slow the saw would start while the rope was still out, losing the effect. But you can pull it with two fingers nice and easy and the saw will just take off. Neat!

SawTroll

Reaction score
Neat feature for disabled or vey weak people, but just adds weight (quite a bit) and complexity for other people.....:goofball:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
We have a lot of people who have had rotator cuff surgery, carpel tunnel, or tendonitis
who are in no way weak but can no longer pull quickly on a starter chord.

Last edited:

Guido Salvage

Reaction score
We have a lot of people who have had rotator cuff surgery, carpel tunnel, or tendonitis
who are in no way weak but can no longer pull quickly on a starter chord.

I have a bad shoulder and pulling on my 925 (or any big saw without a decomp) will make me sore for days. The simple act of making a circle with my arm produces audible noises from my shoulder. However, I will keep on pulling on them until I am no longer able (and will then do it with my other arm).

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
It's tough, recoil housing made of metal. A saw like that isn't purchased for weight, it's the easy starting and low maintenance for someone who can't or doesn't want to do that kind of chore. It's a really neat feature, hats off to stihl for that one.

Latest posts