Quantcast

Stihl MS290 310 390 Repair

mweba

Reaction score
Saw that was traded in. Inspecting parts while replacing bearings and seals. Enjoy the clammy show :saywhat:

[video=youtube_share;fUEiXMzpXTs]http://youtu.be/fUEiXMzpXTs[/video]

Oh yes, and please give me a thumbs up on the vid. They take some time to make and every little bit helps. Thanks doooddzz!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Same principle as Facebook. If you like the vid, it shows up on your page and other people will see it.

Can I go all ebert on your ass and give it two thumbs up? :D

Ductape

Reaction score
As an honest question.......... how is it worthwhile to go this deep to save a 290 (or any similar saw) ? I would assume you need to get something for shop time, plus cover parts.

Granted I'm speculating, but this has to be a couple / three hundred dollar repair around here all day long.

Informative as always though.

mweba

Reaction score
As an honest question.......... how is it worthwhile to go this deep to save a 290 (or any similar saw) ? I would assume you need to get something for shop time, plus cover parts.

Granted I'm speculating, but this has to be a couple / three hundred dollar repair around here all day long.

Informative as always though.

Most shops wouldn't consider it worth while. In this case, the saw itself was free and I had already been paid $15 to diagnose the issue. If there would have been anything else wrong it would have gone into the parts bucket.

Bearing $8 retail
Seals $28 retail
1.5 hour labor $90
Says Stihl on the side, sold in two days for $200

I can totally rebuild one of these easily inside 1.5 hours. Clean with just a Bailey's long block 40 minutes.