Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Stihl MS361

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Are there other models with a fuel line that fits this pig? Had a tree service guy want to jump ship from his current servicing center and come here because he's heard good things (needs to clean his ears out is what he needs). So he brings a Husky 372, Stihl MS360, MS361, and MS201T. The 372 was easy peasy. 360 is dead. 361 is in decent shape, needs an AV mount, fuel line, and carb kit, should do it. And the 201 somehow got involved in a submerged situation and needs some TLC.

But the most important thing on my plate right now is finding out if I need to special order some magical 361 fuel line, or can I plop a 290 line in there or something?

Good thing he didn't bring me a 261, I couldn't even get the carb out to clean it if needed :jerkoff:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Come on guys I really need help. These Stihls are as confusing as Father's Day at Shawn Kemp's house.

Chity_Avatar

Mows his grass in 8 minutes.
Reaction score
Check the IPL for a 361 and then check others to see if it's the same PN. I don't make your kind of money so I'm not doing it for you.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'm looking to go beyond IPL's on this one. Mediacat says it fits only a 361. Looking to draw on experience if possible to see if there's an alternate fit.

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
I wanna fix it tomorrow :farkyou: Not next week ;)

In a pinch, u can cut the swelled part that fits the hole in the tank off the old line, and use it as a bushing for new tygon until the "correct" replacement comes in. I'm not sure if the 290 line will fit or not. Give it a try...

:bananapoop:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
In a pinch, u can cut the swelled part that fits the hole in the tank off the old line, and use it as a bushing for new tygon until the "correct" replacement comes in. I'm not sure if the 290 line will fit or not. Give it a try...

:bananapoop:

That's a decent idea. Use a normal line like husky to fix that crap. I may just do that :thumbsup: any reason I couldn't leave that as the permanent fix?

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
That's a decent idea. Use a normal line like husky to fix that crap. I may just do that :thumbsup: any reason I couldn't leave that as the permanent fix?

U will be shrinking the ID of the line, but as long as it draws enough fuel, I'd say it'll work for a while

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Same fuel line that a 395 uses, should be fine. Can open up the hole in the rubber also as needed to make a better fit.

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Reaction score
junk, tell them to upgrade to whatever you're selling lol.

Last edited:

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Reaction score
My Mediacat is showing the 361 fuel line as being the same fuel line on the 044/046/MS-440/MS-460. Or did I just miss the joke that Tom was making?

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Reaction score
the 461 line should fit it ,if you like green lines

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
My mediacat sucks and/or I don't know how to use it LOL I clicked where used and it said this saw only. No matter I didn't replace the line. I wanted to as a preventative measure and also thought it was leaking - but it was not leaking so he will hold off til next time for it. I will say I do like the construction of the 361, nicely built. Better than 360. Never seen a 362. Hope it's better than a 261.

Thanks for the tip on the 440 line, I think I have one of those kicking around. Wish I was a Stihl dealer just for the parts :D