Still burning!!!!!

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
I am soooo ready for warm weather. We have froze this week because I have refused to start a fire. Now house is at 60 (probably colder) and its supposed to get below freezing tonight. Grrrr. Guess I will start another one.

Are u still burning??

Last edited:

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
Yes...:ranting:

Winter just won't go away this year!!!
:ranting:

Reactions: 2 people

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
We've had a fire everyday this year except for one night last weekend it was 65*! Hopefully I just got a couple more weeks left....
I had a couple cord in reserve this spring, but a couple customers ran low and I let it go...
Man was that stupid...
Now I'm burning dead hedge limbs and a bunch of pecan ugly's...
:saywhat:

Reactions: 1 person

Troy G

Jan 10, 2012
Still burning but just at night. During the day it is warming up enough to heat the house.

Samsung Galaxy SIII

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
But I am oh so thankful for heat!! The stove smells good right now!! Glad I know a man that can cut firewood :)

Reactions: 3 people

Troy G

Jan 10, 2012
You should talk to my wife, she thinks it more convenient to go turn the thermostat up on the furnace than go out to the wood pile. :D

Samsung Galaxy SIII

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
You should talk to my wife, she thinks it more convenient to go turn the thermostat up on the furnace than go out to the wood pile. :D

Samsung Galaxy SIII
I keep the stove going 24 hours a day. Pretty sure if Jer had to do my job we would have gotten propane a long time ago :)

We are going to get a little propane next year. It's hard to find a dog sitter that can keep a fire going too. It didn't work out well this past Christmas :)

Troy G

Jan 10, 2012
The boss says keep burning, so I keep the stove going...

I wouldn't want to piss the boss off, looks intimidating but is probably a big softy, right? My dog can actually sleep outside now in the sun. Tough life for him.

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
When I first saw the title of this thread- I thought she was talking about chiggers, hemorrhoids, or Psoriasis.

Reactions: 3 people

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
Psoriasis is no laughing matter. I'd trade that for something else. Tough call though, more annoying than anything.
My cousin has it- he used to joke about being "the Elephant Man..."

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I have it. I've been real lucky in that it's been dormant for quite some time now. As a kid it was difficult to deal with for sure. Must be close to 10 years now since the last it surfaced for me. UV light drastically helps with it. My grandfather had it real bad. He bought a UV lamp setup thing with a timer, and it reduced the surface area affected by a lot. I'd recommend it to anyone who has this. What I don't know is the type of bulbs he had, I know there are different types of UV bulbs available. A dermatologist could probably answer that.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I wouldn't want to piss the boss off, looks intimidating but is probably a big softy, right? My dog can actually sleep outside now in the sun. Tough life for him.
He's a huge wuss, hates the cold, hates getting wet, loves everyone he meets.
He hangs out at the shop most days he's great with customers, they love him.

motomedik

Feb 26, 2012
You should talk to my wife, she thinks it more convenient to go turn the thermostat up on the furnace than go out to the wood pile. QUOTE]

About 5 years ago I forgot to stoke the fire before I fell asleep and apparently had too many blankets so the cold did not wake me up. Tat night was so cold that when I finally awoke the faucets in the bathroom were starting to freeze. Needless to say, the boiler down in the basement did not survive, so for the last five years or so I have heated with just wood, and have seen no good reason to replace the boiler yet. However, the nice thing is that the wife can turn up the thermostat all she wants, but a fire will be required for real warmth. She learned quick when she came to me, she's a good fire tender now:thumbsup:

She's starting it up for the night as I type this:bananawhip:

Reactions: 2 people

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
noon yesterday ..my stove was cool to the touch[1st time in months] cleaned it out real good .......then lit it back up just after dinner ,,,,went to 26 degrees during the overnite here ......have started to scrounge for seasoned/burnables we are down to less than 2 wheelbarrow loads of seasoned from the racks ,,gonna try to stretch the good stuff another week !!!!:smoking::update:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
It was in the low 50's yesterday so I was just burning basswood and poplar
cookies. But it was down 20's last night so had the stove in the house rippin.