Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Strato shroud question

mweba

Reaction score
I'll move this over here....got lost in the drama elsewhere. Would like some input please.

Long story sort, have a previously ported saw here for repair. It hung a ring, at the owners request I'm to mimic the port work (guy is no longer with us). Anyway, The corrections for port width will be made but what concerns me is the strato port opening to the case, going unsupported. Unshrouded many a cylinder but always left the lower supported in the stratos. It may never cause issue but.......

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
You mean support from rocking or keeping the strato on the piston closed off?

mweba

Reaction score
You mean support from rocking or keeping the strato on the piston closed off?

More concerned about rocking and catching the strato port on the skirt. Not sure how it affects the strato load being as it opens ABDC :confused:

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Reaction score
To me it depends on whether you're retaining the stratofied ports as such or if you're converting them to transport fuel and air. If you're keeping the stratofied design in my opinion, then the straos need to stay shrouded. I did this on the 575s I was porting and it seemed to work well.

mweba

Reaction score
To me it depends on whether you're retaining the stratofied ports as such or if you're converting them to transport fuel and air. If you're keeping the stratofied design in my opinion, then the straos need to stay shrouded. I did this on the 575s I was porting and it seemed to work well.

Good to know. Obviously the previous builder had it running dirty but the intake was not mixed. I'll play around with it a little.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
If you do decide to work the bottom of the cyl can you bevel the strato part of the piston so it's not a sharp edge? Or am I not even in the right ballpark? LOL

Latest posts