Quantcast

Streaming GTG races and such

mweba

Reaction score
If you guys don't mind, I would like to use this thread to test and refine GTG live streaming....

Looks as though I can stream to my YouTube channel and embed as well using Google Hangouts. Not sure what the res will be or how smooth the vid will stream yet. Guess we'll find out.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
If you guys don't mind, I would like to use this thread to test and refine GTG live streaming....

Looks as though I can stream to my YouTube channel and embed as well using Google Hangouts. Not sure what the res will be or how smooth the vid will stream yet. Guess we'll find out.

Sounds cool. I thought I saw at some point today that on your youtube channel you had activated or scheduled or something a live stream. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time. GTG's for us in the north east will consist of live streams stuffing face with smore brownies and smoked brats (damn those were good). Who can eat the fastest??? :trophy:

Mrs. J

Reaction score
This would be great. There are 100's of guys sitting at the computer waiting to see/hear about our GTG ok maybe not 100's :) if its something not too complicated I would love to do this. But it may be over my head. Maybe a more tech savvy member could help me. Is Young tech savvy? :)

mweba

Reaction score
Sounds cool. I thought I saw at some point today that on your youtube channel you had activated or scheduled or something a live stream. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time. GTG's for us in the north east will consist of live streams stuffing face with smore brownies and smoked brats (damn those were good). Who can eat the fastest??? :trophy:

You may have. I was trying it out a couple days ago but was on Satellite internet that day.....it sucked :banghead:

This would be great. There are 100's of guys sitting at the computer waiting to see/hear about our GTG ok maybe not 100's :) if its something not too complicated I would love to do this. But it may be over my head. Maybe a more tech savvy member could help me. Is Young tech savvy? :)

Steve (Wendell) pulled it off with a 3rd party streamer but can't remember who. I think there was over 100 viewers at that time.

I'm shooting for embed in the thread to make it easy. Test run in ten minutes 6:34 Central

mweba

Reaction score
test

[video=youtube_share;PFLTvRW2yOQ]http://youtu.be/PFLTvRW2yOQ[/video]

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Either my internet is slow or yours is, I saw it for a brief moment, something about not calling it dead. Took a while to buffer before that then it wouldn't rebuffer after that.....

mweba

Reaction score
Either my internet is slow or yours is, I saw it for a brief moment, something about not calling it dead. Took a while to buffer before that then it wouldn't rebuffer after that.....

Hmmm

So do you think your connection was lost? It seams mine stayed consistent.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Hmmm

So do you think your connection was lost? It seams mine stayed consistent.

I dunno, I tried it twice and got maybe 10 seconds max each time before it quit. I stream Netflix all the time here at home along with other devices connected to the internet, shouldn't be a problem on my end.... I think?

mweba

Reaction score
I'm going to add some bandwidth and make a couple adjustments.

Trying again at 7:30 central. Thanks

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'll try to make it back for the next attempt. Which is in 7 minutes. But I can forget a lot of things in 7 minutes LOL

mweba

Reaction score
I'll try to make it back for the next attempt. Which is in 7 minutes. But I can forget a lot of things in 7 minutes LOL

Doood I started eating girl scout cookies and forgot muh self :sadshake:

mweba

Reaction score
:wireless:

[video=youtube_share;i4yJJZAs6kY]http://youtu.be/i4yJJZAs6kY[/video]

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
:wireless:

[video=youtube_share;i4yJJZAs6kY]http://youtu.be/i4yJJZAs6kY[/video]

Here's my take on this round. I know you're still streaming but I'll review anyway.

This time it worked, I watched for a while, had a few laughs, then tried a few things on my own.

I'm primarily using my Ipad so that might be the reason for my results. I use google chrome app for the browser. Accessing this thread there, showed a big blank spot for your youtube feed. I went via tapatalk and it showed up fine there. Popped up another youtube window and voila, live feed, uninterrupted this time. It worked via safari also. I wanted to be able to switch tabs and make comments while leaving the live feed open. Safari doesn't multitask apparently. It ended the feed when I switched tab.

So this time the feed worked, it may work better via laptop or computer. I didnt' see the pauses that you mentioned.

I'm on my second vise for my oregon grinder, should be the third but I waited too long to get the second LOL

I'm drinking a beer also, Gritty's Scottish Ale at the moment. Couldn't see what you had going. Looked good though :)

And your helper seemed very..... helpful....... ever get those cookies? LOL :D

mweba

Reaction score
Good to hear. In the first vid I had both puters on the same mifi (1.75 mbps). So it was trying to stream both ways, up and down. In the second vid I had the puters on seperate internet ports.

Is it good enough for a GTG feed?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Good to hear. In the first vid I had both puters on the same mifi (1.75 mbps). So it was trying to stream both ways, up and down. In the second vid I had the puters on seperate internet ports.

Is it good enough for a GTG feed?

Perfect for a GTG feed. I didn't see any of the hesitations or pauses that you were mentioning that you were seeing.

Latest posts