Sunglasses

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
I must admit, been a sunglass geek for a long time. Was with Oakley for many years after high school but finally got sick of how easy the lenses scratches and denied warranty claims. Their clarity was always top notch making it a hard decision. Anyway, approx seven years ago while at cabelas, a salesman suggested Costa del mar. Been with them ever since. They make several lenses styles in poly and glass. Glass carries a no scratch or cracking guarantee free replacement. The clarity is unmatched IMO.

Any who, I know most don't care, buying the truck stop ten dollar glasses.....just don't try nice ones, hard to go back.

Sent via witchcraft using an unholy tool named the nexus 7 2

Reactions: 3 people

cowroy

Jan 20, 2013
Knoxville
Never new they made glasses with glass lenses. Thanks by the way, now I have to have a pair because scratched lens drive me crazy.

Reactions: 1 person

wendell

The artist formerly known as "The Madison Hammer"
Jul 10, 2012
IA
I must admit, been a sunglass geek for a long time. Was with Oakley for many years after high school but finally got sick of how easy the lenses scratches and denied warranty claims. Their clarity was always top notch making it a hard decision. Anyway, approx seven years ago while at cabelas, a salesman suggested Costa del mar. Been with them ever since. They make several lenses styles in poly and glass. Glass carries a no scratch or cracking guarantee free replacement. The clarity is unmatched IMO.

Any who, I know most don't care, buying the truck stop ten dollar glasses.....just don't try nice ones, hard to go back.

Sent via witchcraft using an unholy tool named the nexus 7 2

tl;dr

Reactions: 3 people

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Imma $7 dollar store kinda guy. I found my last pair while mowing the other day...well most of them.

Glasses is one thing I cannot take care of for some reason...

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement
I have a pair of Maui Jim's, they are the best pair of sunglasses I ever owned.

i have also owned a few pairs of Oakley's and other brands with plastic lens, I got sick of them scratching all the time.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
I have a pair of Maui Jim's, they are the best pair of sunglasses I ever owned.

i have also owned a few pairs of Oakley's and other brands with plastic lens, I got sick of them scratching all the time.

Maui Jim's have a great reputation. I've looked at them online several times but no stores carry them locally. I have to try on glasses before purchasing, like a tight fit.

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement
Maui Jim's have a great reputation. I've looked at them online several times but no stores carry them locally. I have to try on glasses before purchasing, like a tight fit.

My eye dr carries their stuff, ski was fortunate enough to be able to try them on. He actually ordered a few pairs for me to try on too.

Ordering sunglasses online scares me too, I like to try them before I buy them

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I used to buy the el cheapos for a long time. Got sick of snapping the bridge in half or finding their crooked or irritating. Used to go through a pair every 6 months or less.

5 years ago I bought a pair of Electric sunglasses (no they don't run on electricity). Technician model. Still have em and they are bar none the best I've ever had. Super comfortable, no uncomfortable no pressure and light pressure behind my ears. A tad dirty now but just as good as they were when new. Saved me money up and over what I paid for them already. No more cheapies for me.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
OMG.

The amount of money I've spent on Oakley's over the years has got to be more than I've invested in the saw hobby. It's crazy how many Oak's I've owned.

Currently my favorite ones are the Oil Rig - been wearing them for a few years now - prolly have owner 6 or 7 pairs of them by now. Love me a slick pair of Oak's..... :rock:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
I like the style you have chuckr. Tried them on several times but my cranium is to narrow. Just don't fit right. I do have a pair of Oakley's yet, they are my mowing glasses and scratched to pizazz.

My Costa's are the fathom with 580 lens.

Sent via witchcraft using an unholy tool named the nexus 7 dos

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
I like the style you have chuckr. Tried them on several times but my cranium is to narrow. Just don't fit right. I do have a pair of Oakley's yet, they are my mowing glasses and scratched to pizazz.

My Costa's are the fathom with 580 lens.

Sent via witchcraft using an unholy tool named the nexus 7 dos

Have you tried the "Asian fit" (their term, not mine) Oakleys?

Dan in WI

Trades chicken for favors
Aug 1, 2013
The Epiphany in the Madness

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Lame. You didn't even get a pic from the scene where they shrunk his head.

Besides, I meant this Beetlejuice.

:farkyou:

srcarr52

Feb 11, 2013
IOWA
Do they have a polarized lens option? I like my Arnette's because they are durable and have polarized lenses.