Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
My Tacoma:

3.4DOHC V6 w/5spd manual
TRD supercharger
1 step reduced pulley
Piggyback fuel management system with fully tunable fuel map
Upgraded fuel pump
Two step larger fuel injectors (don't remember lbs/hr rating)
URD watermist kit
Intake kit (pipe and cone filter)
TRD stainless headers
Aftermarket o2 sensor
Hi-flow cat
Cat back exhaust

It was a 4x4 so cornering isnt an option lol but I did have a swapped out suspension with beefed springs at all 4 corners and bilstein shocks.

Ran 8.8 @ 93mph in the 1/8 on 31" BFG all terrains :D oh and I had muh system in the back and a diamond plate toolbox in the bed lol

Before the pulley, watermist, headers and a generic tune it dyno'd 290hp at the wheels vs. 190 at the crank stock. Never had it dyno'd after that.

Reactions: 2 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Ya I been meaning to :( I just had a minute in between movies at the drive-in tonight lol. I'll try to dredge up some pics, I know they're hanging around somewhere. I didn't do much with pictures in the past.

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
My Tacoma:

3.4DOHC V6 w/5spd manual
TRD supercharger
1 step reduced pulley
Piggyback fuel management system with fully tunable fuel map
Upgraded fuel pump
Two step larger fuel injectors (don't remember lbs/hr rating)
URD watermist kit
Intake kit (pipe and cone filter)
TRD stainless headers
Aftermarket o2 sensor
Hi-flow cat
Cat back exhaust

It was a 4x4 so cornering isnt an option lol but I did have a swapped out suspension with beefed springs at all 4 corners and bilstein shocks.

Ran 8.8 @ 93mph in the 1/8 on 31" BFG all terrains :D oh and I had muh system in the back and a diamond plate toolbox in the bed lol

Before the pulley, watermist, headers and a generic tune it dyno'd 290hp at the wheels vs. 190 at the crank stock. Never had it dyno'd after that.

weak hahahahaha.

but tacomas are my favorite trucks. i want one so bad, but i have no monies.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
weak hahahahaha.

but tacomas are my favorite trucks. i want one so bad, but i have no monies.

Back when I had the Tacoma.... 2003-2006.... the things kids were playing with mostly were Eclipses and Civics. Needless to say they were difficult to handle from stoplight to stoplight :D
But what got me was the Teggy Type-R. They were all hyped up and stuff. This one had an exhaust and an intake, not sure it had anything else to be honest with you. But from a weight standpoint and a sport sense of mind from the factory I would say it had a design advantage..... Maybe just a little lol. There's a particular entrance to the highway near where I used to live and I used it for rolling start timed races against myself. There was a very definite start and endpoint and I could either time it myself or a buddy with me would do it for me. I can't remember exact times but I had somewhat of an average that I kept in my head for my truck. I took the Teggy down the same spot a couple of times and thought WTF that just can't be right??? So I had to get my truck and do it again to make sure my averages in my head weren't messed up. I beat the Teggy so bad in that spot it was embarassing!

Chevy's, Dodge's with Hemi's, Fords with whatever turd they stuffed in there at the time.... All thought I was just some dumb kid in a funky Tacoma that sounded like it had bad gas and whined like a little girl. (Loved the sound of that supercharger!) But every single one of themfound out I wasn't joking around ;) Hell, that truck when it was just supercharged (think I did that first with an intake) smoked muh buddies Mazda6 that he had just bought new a few months earlier. He was pissed :evilgrin:

Anyway, cornering was not it's strong point, but it did handle pretty well for it's overall setup. I'm not sure there was a part left on that truck that didn't get replaced for something either better, or just not broken/worn out lol.

Now you've made it so I HAVE to look for pics of this thing. It's pretty homely looking, you ain't gonna see much that looks cool lol dull faded paint, older body style (1998). Nice dark green color though, was a nice color option.