Temp check

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Exactly zero degrees here this morning.

Fire was down to just a few coals this morning as there was no middle of the night "Pee and Load" procedure last night. Got the fire ripping right now to boost things up a bit.

My logger buddys are supposed to be in the woods today and I'm going over to do some cutting. But I'd sure like to see the thermometer climb out of the single digits before heading over there. That skidder will shake and shudder starting up on a morning like this. :smoking:

Reactions: 2 people

FarmerBoy

Jan 14, 2012
one payment away from living in a box
Exactly zero degrees here this morning.

Fire was down to just a few coals this morning as there was no middle of the night "Pee and Load" procedure last night. Got the fire ripping right now to boost things up a bit.

My logger buddys are supposed to be in the woods today and I'm going over to do some cutting. But I'd sure like to see the thermometer climb out of the single digits before heading over there. That skidder will shake and shudder starting up on a morning like this. :smoking:
Below 20 is hard on any diesel

Reactions: 1 person

logging22

Jan 10, 2012
Mo
Started out at 31 this morning. Now its 55 and climbing with rain and thunderstorms. Crazy weather for this time of year.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
-6º this AM.

It's about 16º right now.

Been cold as hell lately but that's about to change with the 50º warm front moving in tomorrow.....

What a mild winter this has been. So strange. It's all gonna dump on us come February / March. There's gonna be five 50"+ snow storms after January....! :eek:

cjcocn

McRib
Jan 13, 2012
Earth
It's warming up here. -20C (-4F) and hopefully it doesn't warm up any more - cool weather will keep the ice solid and keep the slush away.

:thumbsup:

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Jan 13, 2012
Upstate NY
-6º this AM.

It's about 16º right now.

Been cold as hell lately but that's about to change with the 50º warm front moving in tomorrow.....

What a mild winter this has been. So strange. It's all gonna dump on us come February / March. There's gonna be five 50"+ snow storms after January....! :eek:
Yeah same here, WTF is the deal?!?!?! :screwy:

Reactions: 1 person

cjcocn

McRib
Jan 13, 2012
Earth
-28°C (-18°F) here this morning.

These kinds of temperatures will mean that I will have some good ice to travel on come Saturday morning when I can finally get out on the trail again. :D

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Just made it below freezing last night. Forecast for the week is mid 20's at night and high 30's for the days. With these mild temps, wood useage is down noticably. Still keeping the stove going for the most part, but loading it with fewer pieces and maintaining a lower burn. It doesn't have to work too hard to keep the place comfy in this mild weather.