Quantcast

Temp check

Spike60

Reaction score
Exactly zero degrees here this morning.

Fire was down to just a few coals this morning as there was no middle of the night "Pee and Load" procedure last night. Got the fire ripping right now to boost things up a bit.

My logger buddys are supposed to be in the woods today and I'm going over to do some cutting. But I'd sure like to see the thermometer climb out of the single digits before heading over there. That skidder will shake and shudder starting up on a morning like this. :smoking:

FarmerBoy

Reaction score
Exactly zero degrees here this morning.

Fire was down to just a few coals this morning as there was no middle of the night "Pee and Load" procedure last night. Got the fire ripping right now to boost things up a bit.

My logger buddys are supposed to be in the woods today and I'm going over to do some cutting. But I'd sure like to see the thermometer climb out of the single digits before heading over there. That skidder will shake and shudder starting up on a morning like this. :smoking:
Below 20 is hard on any diesel

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Only 4 degrees here and it's 9:20. Glad I didn't wake up earlier :lol:

I'd like to get out there today to try out the saw....

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
62 here this morning. :D

mweba

Reaction score
23 and spitting rain at the moment. On my second tank of Propane already this year:banghead:

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
3 degrees on the deck this a.m. ,waited till 11am to load and deliver a cord 16 degrees seemed balmy with the sun being soaked up by my black carhart jckt jk :thumbsup:

logging22

Reaction score
Started out at 31 this morning. Now its 55 and climbing with rain and thunderstorms. Crazy weather for this time of year.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
-6º this AM.

It's about 16º right now.

Been cold as hell lately but that's about to change with the 50º warm front moving in tomorrow.....

What a mild winter this has been. So strange. It's all gonna dump on us come February / March. There's gonna be five 50"+ snow storms after January....! :eek:

cjcocn

McRib
Reaction score
It's warming up here. -20C (-4F) and hopefully it doesn't warm up any more - cool weather will keep the ice solid and keep the slush away.

:thumbsup:

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Reaction score
-6º this AM.

It's about 16º right now.

Been cold as hell lately but that's about to change with the 50º warm front moving in tomorrow.....

What a mild winter this has been. So strange. It's all gonna dump on us come February / March. There's gonna be five 50"+ snow storms after January....! :eek:

Yeah same here, WTF is the deal?!?!?! :screwy:

cjcocn

McRib
Reaction score
-28°C (-18°F) here this morning.

These kinds of temperatures will mean that I will have some good ice to travel on come Saturday morning when I can finally get out on the trail again. :D

Hank Chinaski

Reaction score
-28°C (-18°F) here this morning.

These kinds of temperatures will mean that I will have some good ice to travel on come Saturday morning when I can finally get out on the trail again. :D

no wonder you're all shrunk up ... an stuff.

Spike60

Reaction score
Just made it below freezing last night. Forecast for the week is mid 20's at night and high 30's for the days. With these mild temps, wood useage is down noticably. Still keeping the stove going for the most part, but loading it with fewer pieces and maintaining a lower burn. It doesn't have to work too hard to keep the place comfy in this mild weather.