Quantcast

The 064 thunder for down under!!

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
Got this purdy 064 headed to a member to Australia, but not before some aluminum chips get flung around. It'll probably take me a couple days to get rolling (I'm slow as mud), but it's gonna be a full tilt, squeeze all I can get out of her WORK SAW", so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully y'all are too. :)

Here is the Comp, base gasket in, and a new meteor piston with cabers.

Ill get a stock vid up shortly, along with port timing numbers.

Nardoo

Reaction score
Well J I am certainly looking forward to it, that is a mighty pretty looking saw there.
And those pinkies look just fine to me, a bit soft maybe, but they are nice strong hands. Is your other job as a masseuse?:laughing:

Al.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Looks worthy of a video to me.

rburg

Reaction score
If that 064 runs as good as the one Jeremy has, you will be very happy with it. I was glad to see that Jeremy was still getting good use out of the new clothesline. That new clothesline must be hard on your hands.

Wigglesworth

Reaction score
lol

It's always something isn't it...... :facepalm:

Yep. I have this mower LINK But its an older model, and actually a bit better built with less stamped parts. But, ive beat it to death the last few years. All 4 wheel bushings are out, and its got some cracks, and some missing bolts. I have a parts unit, so I robbed three of the wheels off of it so I could at least mow. Ive got to order some parts, and do some welding real soon though, or ill be push mowing 4 acres. :(

Nardoo

Reaction score
Hey J, get some mowers like these (in the background) - they never break down.

Al.

Wigglesworth

Reaction score
Hey J, get some mowers like these (in the background) - they never break down.

Al.

Ive tried to talk the wife into some goats, but that aint happening. LOL

I dont know how sheep are, but goats will eat everything in sight. Tree bark, rocks, car bumpers....you name it. There werid suckers.

Nardoo

Reaction score
Ive tried to talk the wife into some goats, but that aint happening. LOL
I dont know how sheep are, but goats will eat everything in sight. Tree bark, rocks, car bumpers....you name it. There werid suckers.

With sheep it is the other way around - we eat them! If you haven't tried Southern Australian suffolk lamb chops you have not lived! And goats, we have lots of those as ferals - pretty good sport but they do not smell nice. A friend has boer goats that he says are well behaved but he lives on a prickle farm. I guess they don't eat his rocks.

Better stay on subject - a hunting friend once gutted a deer with his chainsaw as he had lost his knife. Said it was fast but very,very messy.

Al.

Wigglesworth

Reaction score
With sheep it is the other way around - we eat them! If you haven't tried Southern Australian suffolk lamb chops you have not lived! And goats, we have lots of those as ferals - pretty good sport but they do not smell nice. A friend has boer goats that he says are well behaved but he lives on a prickle farm. I guess they don't eat his rocks.

Better stay on subject - a hunting friend once gutted a deer with his chainsaw as he had lost his knife. Said it was fast but very,very messy.

Al.

Haha. I cut the rack off of an 8 point whitetail once with a homelite super EZ. There was brains all over me, the saw...well everywhere. I'll probably use a hacksaw next time. Lol

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Reaction score
is it done yet?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

whats taking so long:bananacape:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Haha. I cut the rack off of an 8 point whitetail once with a homelite super EZ. There was brains all over me, the saw...well everywhere. I'll probably use a hacksaw next time. Lol

Sawzall with a hack blade works nice ;)

Wigglesworth

Reaction score
is it done yet?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

whats taking so long:bananacape:

Crashed today. 11.5hr of sleep. Apparently my body was not happy with the 8hrs of sleep since Saturday night. :/

Moving right along. :)

This was the nastiest dried up "Aussie like" wood I could find. Saw was tuned to 13.2k, and i did that all by myself, without the help of any NASA engineers. I still have to put the right brake handle on it, as u can see in the vid. LOL. Stihl was kinda silly back then on some stuff like that. All the case changes, this part fits this one, not that one. Remind me of Ford's.

Here's the chain. Nothing fancy. Round filed RSC.

First vid.
[video=youtube;_RVIsWq0YBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RVIsWq0YBQ&feature=plcp[/video]

And here it is in a 10x10 poplar. Same chain.
[video=youtube;YEvvc-zYIgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvvc-zYIgA&feature=plcp[/video]

Anyhoo, Tis all for now. Hopefully more by the weekend. :)