DSS

Prince of Tater Island
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
Hopefully in the next few months I'll be in the market for a lift for my barn. Due to county height restrictions I could only go with 10' walls. Not ideal but still do-able.

Other than obvious reasons to buy a certified lift, have any of you guys used/own a non certified floor plate lift and felt comfortable doing so?

Tallest/heaviest vehicle I have is a 2004 1 ton Ford diesel. I could get it about 2.5 feet off the ground and that's better than the 10 inch blocks it's sitting on now since I've pulled the transmission out this weekend.

I was looking at Atlas 9000lb lifts from Greg Smith. They have a certified lift for $27-- and a non certified for $16--.

Fifelaker

I can almost see Genius' mushroom cloud from here.
Jul 31, 2013
Fife lake,Mi
Hopefully in the next few months I'll be in the market for a lift for my barn. Due to county height restrictions I could only go with 10' walls. Not ideal but still do-able.

Other than obvious reasons to buy a certified lift, have any of you guys used/own a non certified floor plate lift and felt comfortable doing so?

Tallest/heaviest vehicle I have is a 2004 1 ton Ford diesel. I could get it about 2.5 feet off the ground and that's better than the 10 inch blocks it's sitting on now since I've pulled the transmission out this weekend.

I was looking at Atlas 9000lb lifts from Greg Smith. They have a certified lift for $27-- and a non certified for $16--.
So your ladder is to tall to fit under the 10" blocks? Buy a shorter ladder, problem solved and cheaper than a lift.

Majorpayne

Wallet Washer
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois