The All Things Aussie Thread: Rest In Peace Mcbob

mcbob

Drongo
Feb 8, 2014
As I said sumthing a bit different an Old School Racer a Whitehead Logger 120 powered by a Westbend 820 triple 1" carbs ..... twin 6 petal reed valves and a single V4 reed block just waiting on few more bits to arrive.

I'll need to fabricate a clutch cover and a guard to cover the front carbs and setup the throttle linkages along with a few more screws one for the muffler

McBob

Reactions: 13 people

mcbob

Drongo
Feb 8, 2014
what is it that can use 3 carbs? I put 2 on a dirt bike once, the stock one, and a smaller one, setup to work as secondary. idea was better than the end result, tho. abt 15-16 at the time.
Well i'm just copying what I have seen done by older racers .............. I have other benders here so it will be a cool comparison I suppose

Reactions: 3 people

mcbob

Drongo
Feb 8, 2014
Scott (McC) had a duel carburetor 101 hot saw in Baraboo but he said it was pretty finicky.

I am sure like everything else, if you happed to hit it just right it would go like gangbusters.

View attachment 27822

Mark
Well Mark heres an interesting carb adaptor made by Solt Industries allows another carb to be fitted between the stuffer and the oil tank

When two is not enuff and you need to create sumthing very different

And with these combinations you could look super cool

McBob

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

mcbob

Drongo
Feb 8, 2014
I'll be putting my Copperhead Root hotsaw back together again using some spare US820's I have here and using the Copperhead intake system recreating my old hotsaw
that Young Neil Onley used to win the 2008 Australian Nationals you reakon my saws don't run well guess what but only when they need to

Neil wont run it as it makes his fingers tingle ...... touche touche

so this is how the Copperhead ended up fully cushioned to appease young Neil

And my saws don't go eh ............... we had a quick cuppa waiting on the rest with their Stihls and Huskies to finish ............. hahahahaha

McBob ............. not bad eh from a bloke who cant build hotsaws

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

mcbob

Drongo
Feb 8, 2014
I have another Root saw here in like a hammertone lite blue at 77cc I just gave her a wash I just might have to slip a US820 into her as well but with front mounted twin carbs and save altering and modding the fuel oil tank this saw I bought out of the states a few years back and the saw is in nice condition with very little use so i'll leave it as stock appearing as the paint is good Root Manufacturing offered this model with a 820 Westbend so the build will be easy and simple ............... so old donk out and a new bigger donk in wooooow !!!!!!!!!!!!

McBob ............. just a little old time racin'

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

pioneerguy600

Oct 17, 2013
Well that's for me too know and you too find out ................... hahahahaha ............ just call me Secret Squirrel 2
Now Bob, you know I am only trying to add some traffic to your thread as they don`t seem to generate the hits they should. I have always seen the merit of your build threads and enjoy dropping in to see the progress.

Reactions: 3 people

mcbob

Drongo
Feb 8, 2014
Well that's alright Pioneer guy its all a bit of fun especially as I know who keeps an eye on these pages and he's a tad jealous ............ tough luck there's more to this world than Husqvarna .......... not much is new in saw racing really

McBob ~~~~

And the Benders take a bit of beating especially out here in Australia

Reactions: 1 person

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Sep 29, 2013
surrey bc can
ive got the fastest 2101
... on my block...
actually a friend o mine's was here for a while. mine was quicker. his square ground, mine round filed, both same type/size chain. 404 skip.

Reactions: 1 person