The Avengers

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
There was a lot of hype about this movie, never caught it at the theatre when it came out.

Rented it on the Xbox lastnight, it was rather overdrawn and epically over dramatic. The end battle in the city wasn't much unlike Transformers, and all of them being on the flying hanger reminded me much of Final Fantasy 7 with all the characters chasing and battling Ultima Weapon on the Highwind.....

I was bored to death, I was hoping for the weak and directionless story to start to pick up, and no such thing happened. The only cool part is seeing Stark in his Iron Man suit. And the very ending was pretty sick (after the credits) where they reveal Thanos. But in no way do I look forward to the already confirmed sequel, as I do not expect it to be any good - I suspect it will only be as good as it's predecessor.... :grim:

I'm not surprised though, I wasn't looking all that forward to it as my desire to watch and enjoy movies has diminished greatly over the years. The last movie I really enjoyed was Star Trek ('09). I have a lot of friends who have continually said "Dude you LOVED the first Transformers but you didn't like Avengers....?? You're insane."

Transformers was over 5 years ago now, I loved it yes, but the sequels are worse than a pile of dog chit and I don't associate them with how awesome the first one was. Even so, like I already said, movies just aren't my thing these days. So take what I say lightly Tom, you very well may like The Avengers quite a bit.....

Reactions: 1 person

man of stihl

Jan 11, 2012
I saw it at the movies and i was disapointed also. It took too long to get to the action IMO. I liked all there single movies better.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
There was a lot of hype about this movie, never caught it at the theatre when it came out.

Rented it on the Xbox lastnight, it was rather overdrawn and epically over dramatic. The end battle in the city wasn't much unlike Transformers, and all of them being on the flying hanger reminded me much of Final Fantasy 7 with all the characters chasing and battling Ultima Weapon on the Highwind.....

I was bored to death, I was hoping for the weak and directionless story to start to pick up, and no such thing happened. The only cool part is seeing Stark in his Iron Man suit. And the very ending was pretty sick (after the credits) where they reveal Thanos. But in no way do I look forward to the already confirmed sequel, as I do not expect it to be any good - I suspect it will only be as good as it's predecessor.... :grim:

I'm not surprised though, I wasn't looking all that forward to it as my desire to watch and enjoy movies has diminished greatly over the years. The last movie I really enjoyed was Star Trek ('09). I have a lot of friends who have continually said "Dude you LOVED the first Transformers but you didn't like Avengers....?? You're insane."

Transformers was over 5 years ago now, I loved it yes, but the sequels are worse than a pile of dog chit and I don't associate them with how awesome the first one was. Even so, like I already said, movies just aren't my thing these days. So take what I say lightly Tom, you very well may like The Avengers quite a bit.....
I'll give it a watch after I catch up on all the others. I have quite a few to watch before I get to this one so it will be a while.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I saw it at the movies and i was disapointed also. It took too long to get to the action IMO. I liked all there single movies better.

I was only a fan of the Iron Man movies - the sequel was great. I loved, absolutely loved War Machine. And I thought Mickey Rourke did a great job as Vanko, he did a real good job at keeping much mystery to his character....

But I thought the movie Thor was pretty bad, and felt the same way about Captain America, along with The Hulk.....

Movies these days just leave (for me anyways) very little to be desired.....