The McCulloch Chainsaw Thread, continued.

fossil

Reaction score
Well , got all the needed pieces parts put into the CP125 ,and got it running . Runs well ,needs a 28” bar ... Actually , it has what measures out to a 22” bar . O, I would like to put something more in keeping with it’s size . Thinking 36” .404 . Is that too much bar ?

I was told that you don't need to go to skip .404 until you get to 48"

I bought a 36" with .404 chain for mine.

CP125 vid from the chainsaw guy. Worth the look.

He also did a good vid on timing the engine.

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Reaction score
a three footer will be fine with 404

Jimmy in NC

Mill Monkey
Reaction score
Well , got all the needed pieces parts put into the CP125 ,and got it running . Runs well ,needs a 28” bar ... Actually , it has what measures out to a 22” bar . O, I would like to put something more in keeping with it’s size . Thinking 36” .404 . Is that too much bar ?
Mine wears a 42" cannon with .404 full comp semi. It doesn't care it's out there buried in oak. I would try some other setups but my bar is .058 and
404 - 058 is a little hard to find these days.

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
Gots a PM700 value question . A neighbor has a NIB NOS PM 700 . He wants me to sell it online for him ,as he doesn’t do interwebs . I'm not going to do ebay . I’m going to do it through the forums .
What’s a decent price ? I think the # he said is too high in my opinion . So, I want to advise him of a price that is more reasonable to ask .

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Reaction score
The ads for the McCulloch Model 99 have a guy running one by himself. I think the powerhead is 55lbs by itself.

Didn't you date a girl like that?

You are correct sir. A 99 is an updated 7-55. Seven HP...........und 55 pounds fer the powerhead. My 7-55 powerhead feels like it weighs 155 pounds, although that could be because I'd already loaded hundreds (ok thousands) of lbs of saws, saw parts, truck parts, and tools into the box truck when moving. A six foot bar with the stinger and loop of 3/4" pitch chain's probably another 30 pounds. Those old timers were tough.

My Mercury KB7-AY powerhead weighs something like 77 pounds wifout bar, chain, or ***** handle/oiler. I recently brought home a complete KB6 powered 2.5kw 110v genset (possibly ex military). That fucker with the alternator and such is gotta be pushing 200 pounds. Some yahoo painted it yeller decades ago...........so there's the on-topic content.

DSS

Steps right, throws right. Swings both ways.
Reaction score
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn is a midget
Didn't you date a girl like that?

You are correct sir. A 99 is an updated 7-55. Seven HP...........und 55 pounds fer the powerhead. My 7-55 powerhead feels like it weighs 155 pounds, although that could be because I'd already loaded hundreds (ok thousands) of lbs of saws, saw parts, truck parts, and tools into the box truck when moving. A six foot bar with the stinger and loop of 3/4" pitch chain's probably another 30 pounds. Those old timers were tough.

My Mercury KB7-AY powerhead weighs something like 77 pounds wifout bar, chain, or ***** handle/oiler. I recently brought home a complete KB6 powered 2.5kw 110v genset (possibly ex military). That fucker with the alternator and such is gotta be pushing 200 pounds. Some yahoo painted it yeller decades ago...........so there's the on-topic content.
Fine

Latest posts