The SP80 is up and running

Chity_Avatar

Mows his grass in 8 minutes.
Feb 15, 2013
North Country New York
Did this vid tonight. Still needs a bit of carb work but I am pretty happy with how it is running and cutting right now.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kJmJc3swQPY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Reactions: 1 person

cowroy

Jan 20, 2013
Knoxville
Maybe I should get the SP80 ported and throw the 660 in the river?

660's are a fine saw. Either one would be a great ported saw, but in my opinion the Mac would have a little more cool factor. ;)

Get whichever saw you use the most ported. If it's an 044, or an 026 for that matter. If it's your 660, then you definitely want it ported.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Say what? I don't remember it running at all when it left your house. Don't you have some free chainsaw to go polish?

I tried to get the camera away and use the zoom but maybe it was still too close. Its pretty loud to begin with. I will have to do it different next time.

It's ok, I bought the speakers from the Maxwell commercials and can't figure out how to turn the system down.

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Staff member
May 7, 2013
sounds nice and tourqie ,is that a word ? well i like tourque ,could give a chit about a hi speed chain that don't bite in ,did i mention i like tourque

Well quite frankly for its' age and displacement any of the 81 cc Mccullochs can still hold their own. However I doubt seriously if you can get one to out gun a well tuned or modified 066 .

In good tune they can handle with ease 32" of bar buried in hard oak but there really isn't much a person could do as far as reporting one .A little work perhaps on the exhaust .The early models of the 850,the Sp-81,Sp 80 have the more desirable muffler design .The later 850's,805 have a forked up design as far as expelling the exhaust .

Now you can pull the baffle plate and gain some but that thing will blow your ear drums out .

I've got two of this design ,an 805 with a early 850 engine and an SP -81 .Plus enough parts providing I can find an "A" sized piston to build up another one.

Reactions: 5 people