Thinking About A Camera

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
What are you trying to photograph? Is a DSLR necessary? I think the big decision to make,if you're going with a DSLR, is whether to go Canon or Nikon.

Check out bhphotovideo.com for everything camera related.

Be aware there are lots of shops that sell what's known as "grey market" equipment. Typically cheaper, it's meant for sale in countries other than the US and manufacturers will not honor any sort warranty on it.

Magnumitis

Stands to poop.
Oct 30, 2013
What are you trying to photograph? Is a DSLR necessary? I think the big decision to make,if you're going with a DSLR, is whether to go Canon or Nikon.

Be aware there are lots of shops that sell what's known as "grey market" equipment. Typically cheaper, it's meant for sale in countries other than the US and manufacturers will not honor any sort warranty on it.

Eagles and their nests. I've been trying to get him to buy a drone, DJI Phantom 3

Majorpayne

Wallet Washer
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois

I have been looking on B&H but photo for less has a better price if I am comparing the same thing.

Fifelaker

I can almost see Genius' mushroom cloud from here.
Jul 31, 2013
Fife lake,Mi
As T1 said Canon and Nikon are the big two with Pentax a close third. I used a Canon T70 with three lenses for years and had great luck with it. The body is just part of it, the real money and picture quality is in the glass.