Todays Job....explosives

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Hey Men. Many of you know I work out side. Me and Dad...well Dad really, owns a construction and excavating business. We do underground utilities and Blasting. I take care of the utility division, Dad runs the Blasting Division..... Works out great for me cause I hate anything to do with explosives. Anyway, He had a big shot today, so I took my crew and went to help him load and shoot.

Here's a crappy cell phone video. Thats just a few pounds shy of 5000 LBS of Emulsion. Took all freaking day to load it, for about 5 seconds of fun :angry:.

[video=youtube;UL1p7Ay0bt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUYdwMEPoDxMyKvcORK7zRVA&v=UL1p7Ay0bt4[/video]

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Its all right. Its a lot of hard work I ain't used too lol! ......and they'res always too many people watching. Its a big head ache since 9-11-01........ Im a licensed handler and blaster,, but I aint pulled the trigger on a shot in a long time.....and don't wont too lol.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Its all right. Its a lot of hard work I ain't used too lol! ......and they'res always too many people watching. Its a big head ache since 9-11-01........ Im a licensed handler and blaster,, but I aint pulled the trigger on a shot in a long time.....and don't wont too lol.

I can imagine they're not just handing out explosives nowadays, lot of hoops to jump through I'm sure. Lots of liability too!!!!

NORMZILLA44

Jan 10, 2012
Hopland Ca. The badlands
Nice! There was a quarry where I grew up, and they still do a fair amount of blasting. Also my friend John's family owns a logging, and excavation co, and they do a fair amount as well.

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Here's another one. Rock was close to the top of the ground,and loaded a little too much anfo.....and mud don't work well for cover. You'll see what I mean lol. This is a trench shot for a sewer main, instead of a mass shot like in the quarry. This is the reason I don't really like blasting.....around stuff anyways. This shot was loaded by the book, and still had some fly rock. Luckly only thing we had to do was scrape some mud and rocks out of the road.

[video=youtube;BlE26JesikM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BlE26JesikM[/video]

Last edited: