Toyota can kiss my

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Arse!!!!

The wife's 4runner needs a new exhaust. The car is 10 years old. The exhaust is rotten. Every flange is rusted out. Leaks in a few different places. Engine light is on. Mileage sucks.

Toyota wants $4200 for the whole system. I figured what the hell, replace it all, she loves the car. Well at that price I won't be doing that! Shoulda been made out of stainless steel. What a joke.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Are there no Exhaust shops up there? Or are the regs to strict in Mayne?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I can get the parts at napa on account for $2k, but seriously? 2 g's for an exhaust? Does this car really need 4 cats (2 built into the exhaust mani's) 4 o2 sensors 2 resonators and a muffler?

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
I can get the parts at napa on account for $2k, but seriously? 2 g's for an exhaust? Does this car really need 4 cats (2 built into the exhaust mani's) 4 o2 sensors 2 resonators and a muffler?

Wow F that! We have no epa inspections here :happybounce:

Reactions: 4 people

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
If I had an extra $2k to buy a spare exhaust, I'd be at the VA, KY, MO, TN, NY, and wherever else there's a GTG :thumbsup:

Seems like we fix and sell a saw every time there is a GTG. Lol. He makes sure we have just enough funds to get there and back :)
Catch a ride with chuckr and come to ours this year. Free lodging for mainahs.

Reactions: 2 people

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
Thank God for for my America, Mexico or Canada made exhaust on my 2x 02 and 04 still going strong.

Heck even a complete rebuild of exhaust donuts back with new studs and all with 3 hrs of labor was under $300 for 89 plow truck. I thought that was bad :rofl::cheers:

I guess the rich guys with those foreign cars and trucks can afford that, 2k to 4k for exhaust is no problem :eek: :eek::eek: Something got to be up with that, that's just crazy. :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Geeze-O-Flip!!!!

My buddy had full 3" exhaust from the headers back, all bent in shop, with two 40 series flowmasters and turndowns for $250.

You could drive here, have your exhaust put on, drive back and be waaaay ahead...

Reactions: 4 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Will you guys please hurry up and order more parts so I can fix this exhaust? I don't care, order stuff you don't even need, just order something!!! :banghead:

Just kidding. I'll go hook down on the corner for a couple days, fast easy money that way.

Reactions: 3 people

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
Will you guys please hurry up and order more parts so I can fix this exhaust? I don't care, order stuff you don't even need, just order something!!! :banghead:

Just kidding. I'll go hook down on the corner for a couple days, fast easy money that way.
Fred Garvey ...male prostitute /husky dealer extrodinaire !!!:dance: