Or maybe some chrome?

Little bit of carpet for the lady?

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
All I need is a new rubber bed mat and possibly a tonneau cover. Never had one before. But my tailgate locks and a tonneau that opens when you drop the gate would be fairly secure. Keep the honest people out anyway.

I go to northern Maine and they try to dress their trucks like Western Stars. Aftermarket industry is huge up there. If you can bolt it, strap it, stick it, tape it, or fasten it to the truck in some way, they'll do it.

As a saw needs a sharp chain, I like good tires. A comfy interior, granted not the LTZ edition but more comfy than a W/T. I'm not much of an add-on guy unless its something I can use. But I do like looking at the flashy trucks.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Truck acc has been my main source of income for the last sixteen years. If you go with the soft tonneau, get the truxedo lo pro. Best on the market. Sell ten a week on average. Bed mats are bed mats

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Nice good to know. I like the one dad has. Its a soft top, Velcro sides, built in bars, and a latch to open underneath. Is that a truxedo? I don't know much about the brands. What about DIY bedliner paint? I just want to do the sides not the bottom, I'll have the rubber mat for the bottom.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Could be a truxedo. There are many brands. Will be labeled on the drive side by the rail. Diy bed liners are hit and miss. Commercial stuff like line x and rhino liner is very durable though. You will need to scuff the paint either way for the application.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I do love my GM's that's for sure. I would buy ford if the right deal presented itself. I got a ridiculous trade offer on my old truck at the third dealer I went to, I couldn't resist. I preferred the overall looks of the GMC to the Chevy but money talks. The ford dealer thought his poopoo smelled like roses and gave me the lowest initial offer of the three dealers. Buhbye lol.

I'll look at dads cover tomorrow, it works great and was really well priced. There's a GMC/Buick dealer a little ways away (different dealer) that has an unbelievable accessory department. The pricing seems wholesale or even less. I think they charged maybe $15 to install the cover?? Only charged me $50 to install 4 new tires I bought online. Mount, balance, disposal, whole shebang. And they stay open 2 nights a week until 11pm. What makes the truxedo the best? Is it the quality of the cover, fit and finish, ease of use, longevity... All the above?

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Price isn't the best as it's the XP of the tonneau world. Best quality by far and just good engineering. Velcro floats with the cover so the loops don't wear out. Rear latch is metal and has double weather seals. Lifetime warranty...no questions asked. Shipped out of South Dakota, were they are made. Customer can even call them direct for free parts and shipping if you don't want to take it in. Unfortunately, 420 is a good price.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Got me a truxedo lopro today. Gonna install it here shortly, I'll snap a couple pics :)
Nice. Make sure the center clamp is on two layers of metal and do not over tighten it. The top rail will ripple on the new Chevy's. Also discard the alum clamp pads....they will cause you trouble down the road.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Nice. Make sure the center clamp is on two layers of metal and do not over tighten it. The top rail will ripple on the new Chevy's. Also discard the alum clamp pads....they will cause you trouble down the road.
Crap, I've already installed it and now I'm seeing this :eek3:
I assume you mean the pads for the center clamps that extend the width of the clamp? Installed those.
And as far as two layers of metal, I wasn't paying attention so I don't know if I did that or not, but I moved it all around until I found what seemed to be the most solid placement... So hopefully that will be fine.
The instructions said 8ft/lbs. of torque on the clamp bolts so I didn't go crazy with those. Between the v-groove clamps and rubber strips everywhere, I'm not worried about it going anywhere.
The tensioners up front are pretty nice also, all metal and seemingly stainless steel.

I had the option of the cheaper version but was shown the different features and it was well worth the $50 difference in getting the better one.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Does it eventually roll up any better? I can roll up the one on dad's truck easily from either side and it stays even. This one seems to not stay tight making it difficult as I roll it up. It's plenty plenty tight when it's latched. I also noticed I can only release it from one side.

it will just be one of those things where I just get used to how it works and I'll love it, just a matter of adapting. I definitely like the looks of it. I laughed when he mentioned regular and lo-pro and showed me the two miniature samples in the showroom, but it looks a lot different on the truck.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Does it eventually roll up any better? I can roll up the one on dad's truck easily from either side and it stays even. This one seems to not stay tight making it difficult as I roll it up. It's plenty plenty tight when it's latched. I also noticed I can only release it from one side.

it will just be one of those things where I just get used to how it works and I'll love it, just a matter of adapting. I definitely like the looks of it. I laughed when he mentioned regular and lo-pro and showed me the two miniature samples in the showroom, but it looks a lot different on the truck.
Are you taking the velcro loose before rolling it up? I've never experienced one rolling up loose. You can put the release on either side or add a second latch to the passenger side if you like. The classic is out dated....Lo-Pro is the way to go :dancingpig:

Looks good. What is next?:bananapirate:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Modifiedmark I traded a saw, kinda Chainsawz 12
Chity_Avatar I traded off all my McCulloch saws today Chainsawz 25
rms61moparman TRADED - Big ol' Homelite for sale or trade - TRADED For Sale 1
Sawbonz Gas tank pinhole quick fix question Chainsawz 23
Emiles Stihl 046 rear handle/gas tank needed Wanted 9
DefinitiveDave how to sharpen gas hedge shears - stihl HS45 Hawgz Garage 10
BloodOnTheIce Husqvarna 254xp hot woods ported Gas Muffler Saw For Sale 2
Black Dog Chainsaw Stihl 066 gas tank - Trade or $$$ Wanted 0
Emiles Stihl 046/460 Rear handle gas tank needed Wanted 0
P Gas Can Marking Chainsawz 15