TSC house brand b/c

treeslayer2003

QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM GFY
Sep 29, 2013
maryland's eastern shore
imo, it sucks. but i think stihl bar oil sucks too.
i like thick oil, 30wt with extra sticky shit. i recommend itaska if you have it there.
here is the thing, all modern saws have the muffler mounted on top of the oil tank, so the oil gets heated. its never as thick as when it comes out the jug.
having said all that, sub 24" bars, i doubt it much matters.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
i like thick oil, 30wt with extra sticky shit. i recommend itaska if you have it there.
here is the thing, all modern saws have the muffler mounted on top of the oil tank, so the oil gets heated. its never as thick as when it comes out the jug.

I think he meant the bars and chains, not the bar oil. ;)

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
I must admit, when I first read the thread title I immediately thought bar oil.
You know, the winter weight thin as water stuff that still has chunks of whatever motor's internal components it was drained from....
I didn't see the word bar oil anywhere in the thread title ,,,,I'll go read it again ,,,hmmmm ,,,be right back ,headed to the dollah store to git me a pair 2.50 pwr readin glasses ,,,o_O:cool::clap:

nk14zp

Nov 7, 2013
Downeast Maine.
belsawsawmills.freeforums.org
I always run the thicker stuff. If it wont flow fire a cap of premix into the oil tank.