Quantcast

Two Idiots Logging LLC

Chity_Avatar

Mows his grass in 8 minutes.
Reaction score
So begins the quest to bring home more milling logs. Got some poplar with some help from Mr. Adk. Not sure if I am idiot number 1 or number 2.

Tall one in the center.

Mr. Adk doing a bit of limbing.

The weapons of choice...

First two logs.

Last log from the tree.

The log unloader.

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Reaction score
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Where's Genius?????????????

So begins the quest to bring home more milling logs. Got some poplar with some help from Mr. Adk. Not sure if I am idiot number 1 or number 2.

Tall one in the center.

Mr. Adk doing a bit of limbing.

The weapons of choice...

First two logs.

Last log from the tree.

The log unloader.

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
If you were running huskies you wouldn't get all that fiber pull:p

Looks like a good day.

Chity_Avatar

Reaction score
If you were running huskies you wouldn't get all that fiber pull:p

Looks like a good day.

I got all the pull because I saw the gap on the back cut getting bigger and I stop cutting so I could pull the saw out, step back and watch it go. Made an awesome sound when it was coming down. Thanks for the advice though. I will take it into consideration. :broccoli:

mdavlee

Reaction score
A tree that size makes a good crash when it hits. You have any pictures of the face?

mdavlee

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out why it pulled. It looks like the face was real deep by the stump. Was the face kind of shallow and closed before the tree was far down? I always like to learn from stumps is why I'm asking.

Chity_Avatar

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out why it pulled. It looks like the face was real deep by the stump. Was the face kind of shallow and closed before the tree was far down? I always like to learn from stumps is why I'm asking.

It pulled because I stopped cutting. It took about 10 seconds for it to come down. I wanted to watch it. As soon as I saw the gap on the back cut grow by an 1/8 inch I stopped. If I had cut it like a normal person it wouldn't have done it. The hinge was still over 4 inches when I stopped cutting.

mdavlee

Reaction score
OK gotcha:beer:

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
I have pics of the face. It was 1/3 the diameter of the tree and perfect (after I told him to fix it :)). Have to wait for the pics though, my home computer caught syphilis and I forgot my SD card so I cant upload here at work.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
We don't need to know how the computer got your syphilis, just post the pics :bananapirate:

The pics of the facecut, not the syphilis :wtf:

Chity_Avatar

Reaction score
I have pics of the face. It was 1/3 the diameter of the tree and perfect (after I told him to fix it :)). Have to wait for the pics though, my home computer caught syphilis and I forgot my SD card so I cant upload here at work.

Yes, its a good thing you were there to tell me how to do a face cut the way I have always done them but took ✖✖✖✖ on this forum for doing them like that. You did line me up nice for the back cut.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Yes, its a good thing you were there to tell me how to do a face cut the way I have always done them but took ✖✖✖✖ on this forum for doing them like that. You did line me up nice for the back cut.

Sounds like you two were spooning while "lining things up" for the "back cut".......

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Reaction score
was a good day i see