Ultra Sonic

Jimmy in NC

Mill Monkey
Aug 27, 2013
Where tobacco is a vegtable
Looking at finally getting a decent Ultra Sonic Cleaner. Any tips from those that have had a "big" cleaner for a while? I am looking at a 30L unit on Ebay for ~$250. 600W transducers and 800W heater.

I have outboard carbs coming up... a Farmall Super H motor build, and generally do much more than just saws. I figure bigger is better.

redfin

yeah girl, click that gas cap
Feb 4, 2014
Looking at finally getting a decent Ultra Sonic Cleaner. Any tips from those that have had a "big" cleaner for a while? I am looking at a 30L unit on Ebay for ~$250. 600W transducers and 800W heater.

I have outboard carbs coming up... a Farmall Super H motor build, and generally do much more than just saws. I figure bigger is better.
I have a 39L. Can put a whole saw in it which I do frequently. Get yourself a stainless bowl, set your carbs and cleaner in that and float it.

I have been using an orange based solvent for the majority of cleaning. It doesnt scar aluminum like some cleaners do. It doesnt freeze and the oily crap congeals on the surface and I just scoop it out.

Carbs I have been running in Seafoam.IMG_4822.JPG

Windy Isle

I sniff bicycle seats at starbucks
Mar 20, 2018
La Conner, WA
I have a 10 L Kendall that I bought on Amazon that I would recommend.
I also have a 2 L from ebay that I don't recommend cause I have whack it on the side to get it to work.
Trying to buy one of these ASAP. I understand that you don't like the quality of the 2 liter model, but what about the size? Is it large enough for carbs? I was looking at getting a 3 liter model, but then thought that it might be too small. I'm mainly gonna run carbs from chainsaws, blowers, string trimmers, and mowers through it. Do I need a 6 liter?

Majorpayne

How's your AC?
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois
Trying to buy one of these ASAP. I understand that you don't like the quality of the 2 liter model, but what about the size? Is it large enough for carbs? I was looking at getting a 3 liter model, but then thought that it might be too small. I'm mainly gonna run carbs from chainsaws, blowers, string trimmers, and mowers through it. Do I need a 6 liter?
2 liter is big enough for carbs.