Quantcast

Upstate NY GTG - Greenwich NY - Sunday April 28th

Reaction score
We're having a GTG here in Greenwich on Sunday April 28th. Going to be a similar deal to what we had last year except WoodChuck'r is coming to set up some racing events. There is more info over on the other site on the "Upstate NY GTG" thread started by Adirondack Stihl.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
It's gonna be a fun head to head race. Same way we did it at Hedgefest - one guy on each end of the log, hot start with hands on the block. Make 3 cuts in 4" of wood. Two operators at a time, the faster of the two stands off to the side, then the next two guys go, then the next two, then the next two, and so on. Then you pair up the ones that just won the first round, and by proces of elimination you have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places determined.

Lots of variables in this redneck form of racing, makes it fun and way less competitive - one end of the wood could be harder, one operator might have more knots than the other - but who cares! That's what makes it fun and there's payouts to be had! :rock:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Lil nephew turns 2 that weekend. Was gonna try my best to sneak away and surprise y'all but I can't make that happen. Ifn there wasn't a lil mans birthday then you mighta seen me.

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
WoodChuck'r is coming to set up some racing events.

Oh.....great.....now I have to sharpen my chains AND make sure both of my freshly rebuilt saws are gonna fire and hold together. No pressure.....no pressure.

So what class is an 034 @ 56.5cc? Looks like I'm headed back down to the shop to put my GTG muffler on her! Geeze you guys, cant just go and cut Scott and Steves firewood we gotta race doin it now....:ugh:

PS....what oil and @ what ratio is best for racing :dance:

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
:bananawhip: Get them chainz spinnin'! :chainsaw:

I dunno what we'll do - at least 4 classes, prolly 6. Couple stock, couple modded.....

After that we can do dollar races with big saws or something....

Registration fees will be low. $2 for stock, $5 for modded. All registration money goes to the host at the end of the event, helps pay for any cost they may have had for the GTG....

Who'z comin' for the Saturday night pregame party....?? :tent::dutchoven::truckin::castiron::camping::tent:

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Reaction score
Who'z comin' for the Saturday night pregame party....?? :tent::dutchoven::truckin::castiron::camping::tent:

Didnt know for sure what the gameplan was. If I can get outta town by say 3:00-ish.....I'll see you Sat eve.
Have tent will travel.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
Oh.....great.....now I have to sharpen my chains AND make sure both of my freshly rebuilt saws are gonna fire and hold together. No pressure.....no pressure.

So what class is an 034 @ 56.5cc? Looks like I'm headed back down to the shop to put my GTG muffler on her! Geeze you guys, cant just go and cut Scott and Steves firewood we gotta race doin it now....:ugh:

PS....what oil and @ what ratio is best for racing :dance:

This is just racin' for fun and braggin' rights just run you normal gas/oil mix.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
That saw will stay at home, but the ported 261, 254, and hopefully the 288 I'll bring along.

Damn I'd really like to make this GTG. Next weekend or 3 weeks from now and I could probably swing it.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I gave up those powers when I became a mere mortal man.

Latest posts