Vehicle flip down screen install

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
This is my Sunday project for the kids. Sales rep has been bugging me to try out one of these new 10" LED flip downs. After haggling over a better price for demo, I pulled the trigger. This is the new Audiovox unit with built in DVD player, FM modulator, IR signal set and dome lights. For those that do not follow this stuff, Audiovox has hit the market hard in the past couple years trying to reinvent itself. They are turning out great product for a good price.

Here I have all the wiring run and a custom mount plate installed. The manufacturer likes these mounted to roof supports but in this case, both supports are not located in the right place.

More later

Head mount by mweba1, on Flickr

Reactions: 1 person

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
The new units ship with two color choices. The skins are interchangeable for your needs.

Reactions: 1 person

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
First impressions, it is miles ahead of the old tfp and lcd units. The view angle is good with little loss of light. This is were older models fell short fast. The FM modulator sends a clean signal and the IR headphones are amazing. Time will tell with the rest.

Reactions: 2 people