Vinyl

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Nothing special just some plastic I laid today.......no dirty jokes please.....this is a family environment

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Was never much of a fan of decals.

Lotta people want decals on their vehicles Mitch.....???
Me either and yep lots do. Years ago I realized, why try to change peoples taste when they are willing to pay you for ugly:D. As long as they are happy.....

Don't get me wrong, vinyl has its place....the raptor is all plastic and yes we do that as well. Total pita

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Don't get me wrong, vinyl has its place....the raptor is all plastic and yes we do that as well. Total pita

I think the Raptor with the vinyl is the most ridiculous thing going. Uglier than hell. I think it really uglies the hell out of those trucks. It's also something like $1100 to have done from the factory.

Stickers. An $1100 option. WTF. :saywhat:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I think the Raptor with the vinyl is the most ridiculous thing going. Uglier than hell. I think it really uglies the hell out of those trucks. It's also something like $1100 to have done from the factory.

Stickers. An $1100 option. WTF. :saywhat:
If you could charge $1100 for stickers - and people paid you to do it - you'd do it :bananawiggle::bananawiggle::bananawiggle::bananawiggle::bananawiggle::bananawiggle::bananawiggle:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Knocked out a GMC the other day.

Bushwhacker extenda fenders, smoke lense led cab lights, ARE tonneau cover and a bed rug.

North of a 4k tab on this one.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Knocked out a GMC the other day.

Bushwhacker extenda fenders, smoke lense led cab lights, ARE tonneau cover and a bed rug.

North of a 4k tab on this one.
Lol looks like north of a 60k tab on the truck itself!

Hey man without losing space in my truck, how can I enhance the sound system? Looking for a little more bass. Not a lot, been there done that, now I'm deaf. Just want something better than stock, I don't have the Bose system. Just better speakers in the doors? Something under a seat? Just maybe one day I can afford to pop some money on it, gotta buy a house and all that goes with it next.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Ya man, even the base system in those trucks is decent with mids and highs. An eight of ten under the back seat would fill it out nicely. We are a MTX dealer and this setup is very nice. http://thunderforms.mtx.com/p_45/Silverado_1500_2500_Extended_Cab_2007_2011/show.html

Could also go custom but the price would be high. Powrbass and MTX also have a line of indoor lows with good mids and highs but again, the price gets up there. A nice eight with a clean amp would make you happy IMHO.

These would do the trick without a sub but the amp necessary....well you see the pattern. http://www.powerbassusa.com/2xl-50c-525-system Man do they sound gooood for the money though.:bananawiggle:

I think my cost is 39.96 for a pair???

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I have the underseat tool box in the back at the moment. The mods and highs do sound good in the truck but the bass is either not handled well by the speakers or stuff just isn't rigid enough. I hear vibrations or something and to me it sounds like the speaker bracket inside the door isn't solid and is flexing when the speaker hits. When I used to built sub boxes I always always always made sure they were solid as hell, and that helped with clarity a lot.

Any way I'm not real impressed with the toolbox, but it does keep the truck cleaner. My stuff isn't rolling around anymore now that I have the box. It's a lot smaller than I hoped it would be. I suppose I could do without it.

I definitely think an 8" would be more than sufficient for my needs. Hell I like the bass that comes out of my 5" Klipsch speakers in my living room ;) but that's all design and efficiency - and a large case as well.

How do I wire in one of those mtx subs with a factory deck?

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Tom with a truck that big with that much space you'd be nuts not to do a 12.

Just drive it with 250w and keep it down - you said you've been there done that so why bother with an 8 when a toned down 12 will go places an 8 can only imagine..... :)

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
My son wants some tribal sides and hood decals on his car. I dont even want to try and apply that. :eek:

I just bought him the ICWracing wheels and Goodyear eagles to run during good weather months for getting 4.0 for the year in school.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Ya to do a 12 proper I'd have to make a bigger box. I just don't wanna do that. I don't need thunderous bass, I just want it to be clear. I'd be happy with the stock radio if it were just clear and not distorted. But I don't know if it's the structure of the door or the speaker itself. I suspect it's both.