Quantcast

VW Jetta TDI

mweba

Reaction score
I want one....on the hunt....not sure why but its in muh head and won't leave til one resides in the drive.

Any experience with them guys?? Talk me out of it??

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I've been rather intrigued as well. Haven't heard anything bad other than typical VW electrical ghosts in the machine and overpriced regular maintenance items.

mweba

Reaction score
Yeah, from the reading I've done, maintenance is higher than normal. If the service manual says timing belt 90k, they mean 90k....

In my area they sell for 2-3 grand over book value. Go figure. Chance at 50+ mpg is alluring.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'd be more tempted to buy a TDI Passat. Jetta is a tad small for my liking. But I do understand the bigger the car the worse the mileage LOL. I actually didn't mind the Golf I had, it was just tiny. Kinda fun to drive. I'm talking in circles now, maybe the smaller the car the better as long as I still got muh truck!

PB

Reaction score
Neighbor has two, a sedan and the wagon. He loves them. Maintenance intervals of 10k sound nice and he doesn't have any problems in the Maine winters with starting. He did have an issue with the power window switches that would occasionally not go up. The co-op extension guy puts 50k a year on an older TDI and beats the living crap out of it on old logging roads and it keeps going.

I want one too but the OL wanted an SUV and VW's aren't cheap as you mentioned.

mweba

Reaction score
All things go to plan...and the guy doesn't sell the car out from under me. I'll have a TDI come Thursday :bananapimp::bananapimp:

mweba

Reaction score
All paper work done but not home yet. These days a mans word to honor a transaction isn't what it use to be so I drove down to retrieve the title. Should be back to pick it up Friday at some point.....and then a mad dash loading up the GTG rig for ISGTG2 :tooearly:

jetta tdi by mweba1, on Flickr

jetta tdi 2 by mweba1, on Flickr

jetta tdi int by mweba1, on Flickr

Dude says it gets 46 mpg on the condition you don't exceed 75mph

Troy G

Reaction score
Would be interested to see what you get for mpg if you drive fairly sane. Around here most of the speed limits are 56mph and 62 mph. With the highest being 68 mph. How is the driving for leg room and such? Really would like something that gets good mpg for my 37 mile round trip commute everyday.

mweba

Reaction score
Would be interested to see what you get for mpg if you drive fairly sane. Around here most of the speed limits are 56mph and 62 mph. With the highest being 68 mph. How is the driving for leg room and such? Really would like something that gets good mpg for my 37 mile round trip commute everyday.

Rated for mid 40's but as you said, we'll see. The leg room is better than expected length wise. Side to side room is tighter. Will do a better write up when I get her home.

mweba

Reaction score
Looking good so far. Heck if I only get 38, I'd be satisfied. Car performs great and is well equipped for its price point.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
Looking good so far. Heck if I only get 38, I'd be satisfied. Car performs great and is well equipped for its price point.

Hey, I got that dash!!! Same service engine light too!!!!

All the time!!!!

But I kinda like the car... Wish it sounded as good as your diesel...

mweba

Reaction score
I'm at 615 miles with a tad under 1/4 tank left. Next couple days will be a fill for the mileage. :bananajump::bananajump:

mweba

Reaction score
I'm sure this will not be the norm for me, more on the high side. Obviously I drive a couple miles a week (purchased it last Wednesday) but I had a 206 mile trip at 70 mph on this tank. My parts runs do not involve any extended city driving and the air doesn't get turned on much this time of year.

Regardless, if it drops 10mpg I'm still happy. Great car and fun to drive.

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Reaction score
All paper work done but not home yet. These days a mans word to honor a transaction isn't what it use to be so I drove down to retrieve the title. Should be back to pick it up Friday at some point.....and then a mad dash loading up the GTG rig for ISGTG2 :tooearly:

jetta tdi by mweba1, on Flickr

jetta tdi 2 by mweba1, on Flickr

jetta tdi int by mweba1, on Flickr

Dude says it gets 46 mpg on the condition you don't exceed 75mph

wheres the clutch pedal???

Latest posts