We bought part of a tree stand company

jimdad07

Aug 27, 2013
Upstate NY, way upstate
We bought a third of a tree stand company this year to put out a ladder stand we patented and tonight we got to see our first production models. We got ran around by a lot of bigger companies for the last couple of years and had almost given up hope when this opportunity came along. Our new partners got more done in six months than we were able to in the last few years. Very excited about it, we'll be the only people out there who have a ladder stand that you can attach to a tree completely from the ground without setting a foot on the ladder until the top of the ladder is secured to the tree. Wish us luck, hopefully this goes somewhere.

Reactions: 13 people

jimdad07

Aug 27, 2013
Upstate NY, way upstate
Sounds like a neat idea. When pics aren't on the hush hush you should post em up so we can see :)

If I can get home early enough I'll get some up tonight. We have our patent and we're getting ready to put them out there. I guess we'll be taking them to shows and taking pre orders I'm told. Like I said, we're pretty excited about it, been a lot of years getting to this point, I can see why a lot of good ideas get axed.

Reactions: 3 people

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
Was wondering who would be the first. ;)

Aaaawwww, c'mon. You had to know that SOMEONE was gonna ask ..... might as well get it overwith now !!!

Seriously though, when you get the name of the product up and in ads, let us know so we can see it. Love to see new hunting product, especially stuff that anyone can use, no matter what you hunt, or where.

Reactions: 2 people

jimdad07

Aug 27, 2013
Upstate NY, way upstate
Aaaawwww, c'mon. You had to know that SOMEONE was gonna ask ..... might as well get it overwith now !!!

Seriously though, when you get the name of the product up and in ads, let us know so we can see it. Love to see new hunting product, especially stuff that anyone can use, no matter what you hunt, or where.

We have a name for it already: "The Tree Hugger". Kind of ironic that I have this sick urge to cut down trees all the time and shoot poor defenseless animals and we picked that name. I'll have pics by the weekend, hopefully some video so we can show it working. We were able to find a manufacturer in the US, that really made us happy. For as hurting as our economy is I could tell you guys some stories about the issues we've had trying to get going trying find manufacturing right here. Would also amaze you at how fast "take it to China" rolls off of peoples tongues.

Reactions: 3 people

dancan

Oct 15, 2013
Congrats Jim !!!
At least it will be perfectly legal to shoot from a "Tree Hugger" .....LOL