Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weedeater losing power.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
It's a Husky (from Lowes). Use it at work, it was brand new two years ago.

Looses power when it goes under load....??

I turned the H in a quarter of a turn and that definitely helped - but towards the end of the tank it started to loose power and die out as soon as it started to cut and have a load on it again. Changed the plug too. Idles fine, revs up fine - just looses power when under load and seems to be running rich (still) after I adjusted the H. Lotta smoke when wide open.

Any ideas.....??

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
What model? Couple years old.... Check the intake boot I'd say if it were a 2/3 series.

Troy G

Reaction score
Give it to someone else and take one that does work, trouble shooting done.:D

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
take a hammer n whack it ......hard .....till sumthing impotant falls off ......if ya cant fix it with a hammer ...it cant BE fixed :cheers: ps what kinda weeds are you feeding it ??

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Spark arrestor screen is clean.

Tom it's a 223L.

A couple years back I sold more 326LS trimmers than anything else - so the issues I saw were from those..... But nonetheless the 223L is the most popular model trimmer that shares the same core engine parts. The issues I had with a handful of trimmers a couple years back was the intake boots were torn in the middle section.

That said - that's just a hunch on previous findings. You say it seems too rich..... the issue I talk about isn't going to present a rich issue but a lean one like a typical intake boot problem. The loss of power under load sounds to me like a lean issue not rich. It's a tough call though, but that's where I'd start.

Latest posts