Weekend Update

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
The official "what we did with saws over the weekend" thread.

Bunch of us at a logging site all day yesterday. All the money logs have been harvested. Now it's just firewood logs and clean up. Saws on site for the day: Jonsered 625, 2153, 52E and 670. Husky 576AT, 346, and 51. Stihl 280

My buddy Todd loading some firewood logs; got 3 loads out yesterday.

A few of us other guys got some pickup loads out. This is AJ cutting up a top with his 625.

This is a load I got with my 52E. Had 6 guys there, and we each got at least one load. Me and one other guy who live close to the site each got two.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Didn't get much done this weekend, did more drywalling than cutting with a buddy. Got maybe a dozen cuts in trying to break in the 365 but didn't get any further than that, just too busy. Had a chance to try out the 136 as well, happy that it survived more than one cut :lol: I need to make trips to NY on the weekends, you guys get to have all the fun :yup:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I haven't run a saw outside of work in a couple months, I'm starting to get a case of the shakes
and these pictures aren't helping my withdrawl.

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
I haven't run a saw outside of work in a couple months, I'm starting to get a case of the shakes
and these pictures aren't helping my withdrawl.
Yeah, I need some time in the woods or I go nuts. Plan to get back there this weekend and work/play some more. One of the guys is over there today, and I'd love to play hooky and join him but I've got a bunch of stuff I have to get done here. The lack of snow cover seems like it has everybody cutting wood. Homeowners, tree guys, loggers; everybody's working.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
saturday afternoon was just about perfect cutting conditions [cool breeze,sunshine,40s] . i cut about a cord n a half of rounds off the log pile in prep for a 3 cord delivery mid feb . played 4 saw monty with the 2054,2156,2171,2172 , didnt have to fuel or oil or adjust anything till the party was over ,did all the maint on the tailgate outside,while i was cooling down after the cut fest jk :thumbsup:

weimedog

Jan 10, 2012
Can't believe this lack of winter! Looks like a lot of fun to be had cleaning up that wood lot! We don't have a lot of snow..but the mud isn't fun. The ground really hasn't frozen yet here..

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Can't believe this lack of winter! Looks like a lot of fun to be had cleaning up that wood lot! We don't have a lot of snow..but the mud isn't fun. The ground really hasn't frozen yet here..

Well you've been there, so you're well aware of how much cleanup needs to be done. :yup: It's actually looking much better now.

That's interesting about the mud at your place because as you can see from the pics, the ground was frozen and pretty much stayed solid all day. I'm sure that changed a bit after yesterday's temps, and it never dropped below freezing last night.