Weekwackers

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012
My Tanaka weedwacker started leaking out the primmer bulb so I took off the cover..... for the first time.
Are you suppose to do maintence to a weedwacker?
Wonder what happened to the air filter?
It was running good.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Typically what commercial guys do (you know, the PROS :lol:) is blob some goo (technical stuff, goooooo) over the primer bulb and just take the air filter off because it's clogged. Problem solved!! Glad I could help you out!!!! :banana:

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012
Oh ducktape the primmer bulb....

I clean my saws but the weekwacker has allways been good to go!
Think I bought it new in 96.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I'm not familiar with the particulars of the Tanaka trimmers but I would say it's a safe bet you just need a fuel system overhaul and you're good to go. Fuel lines, tank grommet, filter, etc. and a new air filter. Keep on rockin!!! :yup: Maybe if ya got a spot in the gearbox to check the grease, squeeze some fresh stuff in there and keep that part happy. I love trimmers, they're so easy! Oh, and a new primer may run ya a couple bucks, they're pretty cheap.

I've heard good things about the Tanaka trimmers, they've carried a rugged reputation. Their downfall is name recognition - or better yet a lack of it.

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012
I have a Tanaka clearing saw also but would rather use this weekwacker with a blade now because it's lighter.
Most of the Tanaka dealers around my area are gone now.
We have a Tanaka top handle saw that served us well till the first Husky 334 showed up.