Well I went to the local OPE dealer and..........................................

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
ended up with this over the weekend :facepalm::facepalm: doh!

which goes to this:broccoli:

Reactions: 4 people

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
Damn, that's quite the mower for a .33 acre lot with a house on it!!! :banana:
wait, its almost an acre :evilgrin:

hey can you get parts for this thing? :dancingpig:

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
operator runs on 2 cycle oil at 1:1 :upsidedownbanana::upsidedownbanana:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I've worked on a Tiger Cat that's approx. 10 years old and the frame has been welded twice on the left side and once on the right (sitting on the machine) where the square tubes go forward to the caster mounts. I hope they've reinforced them a bit on the newer models or changed the stress points somehow. It is a nice rugged machine other than that, and the frame issues wouldn't push me away from it. I'm not and never have been a Scag dealer, so this case may have been related to that single machine and it's owner/operator. I've seen 2 Scags in this area so take it for what it's worth. You'll like it, they ride and cut nice fo sho!

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
I've worked on a Tiger Cat that's approx. 10 years old and the frame has been welded twice on the left side and once on the right (sitting on the machine) where the square tubes go forward to the caster mounts. I hope they've reinforced them a bit on the newer models or changed the stress points somehow. It is a nice rugged machine other than that, and the frame issues wouldn't push me away from it. I'm not and never have been a Scag dealer, so this case may have been related to that single machine and it's owner/operator. I've seen 2 Scags in this area so take it for what it's worth. You'll like it, they ride and cut nice fo sho!
i havent read any issue with the frame with the later units or at least with any tiger cats/wildcats.

but they probably had some things to work out in the begining with any new platform (search scags new v-ride). far as i know tiger cub came out in around 2000s, then scag changed the name to tiger cat in around 08-09. they also sold them under the wildcat name with more options standard with bigger engines to choose from.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
i havent read any issue with the frame with the later units or at least with any tiger cats/wildcats.

but they probably had some things to work out in the begining with any new platform (search scags new v-ride). far as i know tiger cub came out in around 2000s, then scag changed the name to tiger cat in around 08-09. they also sold them under the wildcat name with more options standard with bigger engines to choose from.
I may be mistaken then, this machine was definitely older than 2008-9. I'll look into it, Tiger Cat just sounds sooooo familiar though lol. It had a 60-62" deck on it, something huge. It was the only reason the guy kept it in his fleet, he had a couple of large areas to mow. He mainly used Walkers with standard 48" decks for collection.

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
DUDE I am so frikin jealous... I wanta a Tiger cat in a bad way GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Nice ................................
this 48in velocity deck is so so sweet.

if you do decide to get one, get the velocity, which is in anything bigger then a 48in on all models except the freedom z.

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
Nevermind, looked it up - it was a Turf Tiger :duh: I should have remembered that.
man i wish i could afford a turf tiger. when i was picking mine up, local LCO was picking up his new efi liquid cooled 31hp kohler powered turf tiger. i was a little jelly.:bowdown:

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
Nah you want the Cat diesel or Kawi EFI :yummy:
so tom, how you like the Husqvarna P-ZT and PZ series of zeros? they look very nice and seems to be getting some notice with the pros.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
so tom, how you like the Husqvarna P-ZT and PZ series of zeros? they look very nice and seems to be getting some notice with the pros.
Couldn't tell ya, I don't deal with commercial guys and I dont have a big enough place to get them in anyway. I'm drooling over them though, they look really well built from what I've been able to see. Going from just looking at them I'd say I think I'd like them better than an exmark, john Deere, toro, and a couple others but Scag is definitely a good choice to go with. Another one I liked when looking them over was Grasshopper, those seemed really well made too.

young

Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
i say the velocity deck is right there with the ultracut decks.