Quantcast

What can i do to get more power?

Dh 1984

Banned
Reaction score
what can i do to this cylinder to get a little more power out of this 42cc saw? here is some pictures of the inside. the reason why i took this saw apart is that i had to change the oil pump out and the only way you can get to the oil pump is take the whole saw apart.

but here is some pictures of the cylinder

42cc cylinder 001.jpg
42cc cylinder 002.jpg
42cc cylinder 003.jpg
42cc cylinder 004.jpg
42cc cylinder 005.jpg

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Without going crazy, a little widening of the intake and exhaust helps, along with a muffler mod. That would be the easiest and most effective I'd say without getting into some more involved machining.

Dh 1984

Banned
Reaction score
Without going crazy, a little widening of the intake and exhaust helps, along with a muffler mod. That would be the easiest and most effective I'd say without getting into some more involved machining.

well i already done a muffler mod when i first got it i took some of the guts out of it and it helped it pretty well. I was thinking about thinning the transfers inside but i really don't know anything about that yet.

but i'll widen the intake and exhaust a little. i really don't wont to get it where it would be a hard saw to handle alot. I'm just looking for a little more power in the cut LOL

Nardoo

Reaction score
I would not go too crazy on narrowing those transfers - you don't want a saw so powerful that it is dangerous to use.

Al.

Latest posts