bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
Cleaned the rental place next door, pays good, pays for my hobby, saws.
Replaced leaky hyd filter on my splitter and diagnosed its dirty air filter, changed its oil, then split a few rounds with my 2 yr old grandaugter as lead helper.
She bought me a cold Miller when we were done stacking the split wood.
Had a great day.
BBB

Hoggwood

Jun 20, 2014
Okanagan , BC
Spent the past 3 1/2 days working on a bathroom reno for a colleague. This is far from my day job.
I take on these projects once a year or so for folks when I am off my regular work and not working on my own places. Helps with the brain and saw $'s. Plus, I get to work with my hands for a change. Get to be a framer, plumber, electrician, tile setter and drywaller. Enjoyable. Lotsa white, but that is what they wanted. Kinda felt like being trapped in an Ikea.

Tile Job Shower 1.jpg Tile Job Shower 2.jpg Tile Job Shower 3.jpg

Last edited:

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
So yesterday I sold a 2171 to friend/neigbor then he ask me to come buck up some pine logs with him, WTF he didnt bring his new to him saw,, oh well.
I did get run my $5 dump saw a 268XP, pretty happy with that and it will get better after a few tanks.
And today we decided to check our house (2 hour drive) so off we go and I have a travel mug of great hot coffee,, until the last drink there is a large crunchy bug in there,,,,eeeeuuuyyyuck!!!
BBB

olyman

Jan 7, 2014
got everything buttoned up on the bucket truck,,so can start doing tree work...poured damned near 15 gallon of oil in that thing!!!! started and stopped it three times over a period of that many hours..air in oil...then went to mow lawn,,buzzing right along [102 out], and the hydro drive belt decided to lunch out!! went and got new one,, put on,, and finished mowing..some days...

exSW

phish phallus phantasy
Oct 8, 2013
Out there
got everything buttoned up on the bucket truck,,so can start doing tree work...poured damned near 15 gallon of oil in that thing!!!! started and stopped it three times over a period of that many hours..air in oil...then went to mow lawn,,buzzing right along [102 out], and the hydro drive belt decided to lunch out!! went and got new one,, put on,, and finished mowing..some days...
Two words. Shaft drive.

olyman

Jan 7, 2014
Two words. Shaft drive.
one word..old...also, paid for..old yt18 snapper..never fails to start,,and use it only for mowing..........have a bit newer gt18, with snowblower mounted,,and that's all I use it for....paid for many years ago...........they both run perfect,,and use no oil.........:):):)

Last edited:

exSW

phish phallus phantasy
Oct 8, 2013
Out there
Mowed up to the two trees I plan on dropping in the am. Then lost a knife on the sickle. Two stinkin' hot to fix.
So I did this:
WP_20160723_002.jpg

Figure out just where I want to weld that receiver under the bed and voila!