What Do Yall Think About Kubota??

Mitch95100

Jan 17, 2012
By a corn field in a box (NE Iowa)
Well thinking bout getting a tractor for around the farm. We have a 180 acre farm in NE Iowa and was looking at Kubota tractors. Lookin at the 3350's to the 4330's series around that 40hp diesel mark. So what do ya think of them? How do they do haulin wood, skidding logs movin dirt/snow? Definatley getting 4wd and with a loader.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Dad's got a smaller Kubota, BX23, and I think it's pretty fantastic. I know a couple of guys with larger ones, maybe not quite as big as you are looking at and they love them too. There are a couple of guys here that have them also with some pictures posted in the tractor thread and they seem to have some cool stuff worked out with them. I don't really know how well they like them, but they're here and they do a lot of work!

procarbine2k1

Jan 10, 2012
Not a big fan... but a family member bought one new last year (cant remember the model number) and it has treated him very well. Already has a few hundred hours on it. I am more of a New Holland guy myself. Anymore, I cant remember who makes tractors for who, or who is under the same ownership.

NORMZILLA44

Jan 10, 2012
Hopland Ca. The badlands
Mitch, I know many people who love Kubota. I have had great luck running em too. As procarbine said also New holland both awesome. I worked at 2 rental yards, and both were tried and true. That is another good reference your local rental yards will carry good solid brands that last. If they don't last they get phased out quick. I have never run the smaller John deere'scomparable to the other two mentioned, but I am a real John deer fan. They make some of the best backhoe's, and skip loaders I have ever seen. Also never been more impressed with a d-4 than a jd450. But you will be happy Kubota is top notch.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
It's nice that Kubota makes so many of their own implements which are nice and easy to swap, along with being compatible with a ton of aftermarket stuff too. One thing in particular that was noticeably awesome was the backhoe attachment - it's design is so much more into the rear of the tractor that it allows for so much more work to be done. The aftermarket hoes stick out aways which allows less leverage when digging - and the chance that the tractor may tip backwards if you go too hard.

Anyway, you're looking at larger tractors so that bit may not be worth a cent in your search :)

Specter29

Jan 10, 2012
suring,wi
www.dbequip.com
In my opinion there a very good tractor but then again my opinion could be viewed as bias cause I am a dealer for the kubota tractor's and Utility vehicles. If your looking at a L4330 or L3350 Ill give you this as a reference our family owns 200 acres we started with a L2900 (30HP) then went to a L4610 (46HP), and we now are at a L5740 (58HP). I would recommend staying closer to 50hp if your budget lets another one to consider is Kubota's MX series their more in line with a Utility style tractor little heavier frame and larger loader capacity and the run about the same price range used as the the L4330.

Reactions: 2 people

HEAVYFUEL

Jan 10, 2012
They are nice, personally I like the feel and controls of the New Holland better but kubota would prolly be a little better in durability from my experience, but that can change model to model, year to year. Whatever you decide on remember fully hydro systems rob ALOT of power so you'll have to decide on the right transmission prolly even more important than which brand you buy.

Reactions: 2 people

Jonsered

Jul 30, 2012
Beech Bluff, Tennessee
I own a K008 Ultra Compact Excavator 10 HP diesel. The tracks go in and you can go through a gate. Quite powerful for a 2100 LB. machine. Kubota, Taekuchi, Hitachi or Komatsu: tough as they get.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
They are the Toyota of the tractor world... There are others with more standard options or more robust Hydraulics or just more sheer weight, but the Kubota's I've dealt with just start every day and get the job done every day...
Year in, year out...
Dependable and available....
:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
I've heard good things about kioti :)
When I was looking for a new loader tractor, I looked at all of them... I could not find one 65 hp model made in the USA...
Came down to 3 models... Case IH, Kubota, and Kioti... When I stacked up the specs on that hp model, the Kioti won hands down cause it had dual hydraulics, open station operator platform, a self leveling loader, a perkins turbo diesel and weighed 1500 lbs more than the others... But I would have been happy with the Kubota too... Glad I shyed away from that red POS...:screwy:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Ive got nothing but good to say about dads kubota. It's a bx23, little guy but does some awesome stuff. Definitely not in a class to have the features yours does, only 22hp. Love the backhoe, workhorse!

Reactions: 1 person
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jake wells hi yall New Memberz Area 8
H Whats up Yall! The Razorback Lounge 1
redfin Kubota 121s Hawgz Garage 44
SKEETER McCLUSKEY SOLD - kubota B1550 - SOLD For Sale 3