What to do about neighbor with loud chainsaw?

the westspartan

Jan 12, 2012
So I left for work this morning and my neighbor is running his saw and it was way louder than a normal chainsaw. Seemed like his muffler was messed up or something. The saw must have been pretty beat up and down on power, as he had a short little bar on it compared to what size saw it looked to be. The poor guy, I know he has a lot of saws, he must finally be down to this junker he was running today. He is nice guy, I feel like I should go find him a nice gently used farmboss or rancher and just trade him out straight up. The guy lives in a little shack in the woods. I bet he would be tickled to come home and find his old worn out husqvarna swapped out for a shiny new Stihl!

Reactions: 3 people

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
I'd call the law. Most people that run chainsaws, do so because the noise covers up their meth labs blowing up. I'm betting that a guy who lives in a shack and runs saws is a meth head. Could even be some prostitution goin on.

Definitely call the law....

Reactions: 6 people

Nardoo

Jul 23, 2012
Hey, I am sorry neighbor, but you just shifted in and I have been runnin' my saws in the woods for a long time. Shack! Man, that is my house, my castle my little piece of heaven. I been living peacefully there since before you was born!
I am a bit offended that you think I messed with the mufflers on my saws because that is the way they came in 1960's and 70's - lets the the motor breathe. And if you think I will be pleased when you hand me an 029 to replace my old Poulans you have rocks in your head, boy. The only stihl I need is the still I use to make my whiskey. And it aint no meth lab.....

Reactions: 8 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
So I left for work this morning and my neighbor is running his saw and it was way louder than a normal chainsaw. Seemed like his muffler was messed up or something. The saw must have been pretty beat up and down on power, as he had a short little bar on it compared to what size saw it looked to be. The poor guy, I know he has a lot of saws, he must finally be down to this junker he was running today. He is nice guy, I feel like I should go find him a nice gently used farmboss or rancher and just trade him out straight up. The guy lives in a little shack in the woods. I bet he would be tickled to come home and find his old worn out husqvarna swapped out for a shiny new Stihl!

The funny part about that is I was running nothing but my Poulan 3300, all day, both days. :lol:

Reactions: 4 people

SawTroll

Jan 10, 2012
Troms, North Norway.
A large and "hot" saw, with a "short-pipe" with a flimsy box around it (that amplify the noise), may be the best idea of all. Remember to wear double hearing protection though! :laughing:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

rburg

May 1, 2012
TN
In my neighborhood, I am the neighbor with the loud chainsaw. Luckily for me, I often run mine when all the 8 to 5 people are at work. My neighbors directly behind me never complain, but since they are in a cemetery I guess they shouldn't.

Reactions: 1 person

NORMZILLA44

Jan 10, 2012
Hopland Ca. The badlands
LOL! That got me laughing my friend loved the story. Be glad we are not neighboors, that 2101 can make some noise! I try and at least wait till 9 here in the bad lands.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Termitebuffet My Neighbor Is Dumber Than Yours The Razorback Lounge 69
Freehand Neighbor Gave Me His Old Log Splitter, Big Game Engine Hunting Now......... Hawgz Back 40 42
Freehand Some Heathen Low Count Vandals Defaced My Neighbor's Trash Can The Razorback Lounge 38
DefinitiveDave hamfisted neighbor - wobbly big end bearing - blissful vacation - TL:DR Chainsawz 3
Fifelaker It pays to help a neighbor The Razorback Lounge 9
twochains I'm new but loud! New Memberz Area 23
B Wanted McCulloch Super 797 Chainsaw Wanted 20
sarahdodgegeek 6th Annual Chainsaw Races At Chisago County Fairgrounds In Rush City, Mn 7/21/18 GTG'z & Eventz 10
thomas1 An Actual Chainsaw Question.... Chainsawz 131
czed Chainsaw Repair Tips Chainsawz 48
trx250r180 What Chainsaw Oil Is The Best ? Mix And Bar Oil Chainsawz 148
dboyd351 120v Battery Powered Chainsaw Chainsawz 25
andydodgegeek July 22!!! 5th Annual Chisago County Fair Chainsaw Races GTG'z & Eventz 63
J Pop Science Chainsaw tear down Chainsawz 23
stihl sawing What makes a chainsaw gay? Chainsawz 289
neil Free Anouncement. I got banned for a day on Chainsaw Repair. Chainsawz 29
dboyd351 Mystery Cub Cadet 55 cc??? chainsaw from Tractor Supply Chainsawz 14
RandyMac The McCulloch Chainsaw Thread, continued. Chainsawz 703
jacob j. The new WTF and gender neutral chainsaw GFY thread The Razorback Lounge 41943
fossil Sabre chainsaw bars Chainsawz 36
Homelite410 Custom chainsaw bar Chainsawz 5
pastryguyhawaii Chainsaw tool ID help Chainsawz 11
thomas1 Finest Stihl chainsaw ever made. For Sale 86
Mastermind Skil 1616 Chainsaw Chainsawz 24
N If you like to ice skate but want some excitement...use your chainsaw !! Hawgz Back 40 11
N What is considered by most to be the holy grail(s) of each major chainsaw maker ? Chainsawz 64
tree monkey chainsaw? Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 21
J Chainsaw locking up help! Chainsawz 25
Warped5 Chainsaw 'chop shop' .... Chainsawz 51
P Deal On Husqvarna Chaps and Chainsaw Protective Boots Chainsawz 7
BloodOnTheIce $750 Chainsaw Bar Chainsawz 29
Black Dog Chainsaw chainsaw wiring... Help with parts! Chainsawz 5
countryhog happy Chanukah/merry Christmas/chainsaw Chainsawz 2
Freehand The Chainsaw Bench Redux Chainsawz 18
stihl sawing Gun or Chainsaw Hawgz Back 40 117
N possibly chainsaw related For Sale 0
Z7extreme Chainsaw dyno upgrade. Need your help.Anybody have any experience with these? Chainsawz 6
M Bar for 4-30 McCulloch chainsaw, 42" length Wanted 0
Poncho Pics/video of Caledonia chainsaw races 8/17/2014 Chainsawz 2
TK Chainsaw Raffle! Help a good man in need! Chainsawz 26
andydodgegeek CHAINSAW RACE'S Rush City, MN this Saturday!!!! GTG'z & Eventz 6
P Hackensack Chainsaw Event - MN GTG'z & Eventz 0
hseII New Chainsaw attachment Coming Soon to Dealers Near Tou Hawgz Back 40 8
dieselfitter You will never will an argument with some holding a chainsaw Chainsawz 7
M Wanted McCulloch 4-30 Chainsaw Wanted 26
trx250r180 McCulloch chainsaw For Sale 19
Smittybilt Did Honda ever make a Chainsaw??? Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 32
Wigglesworth Other chainsaw forums.... Chainsawz 10
J Chainsaw in the neck !!ouch Chainsawz 12
H ENTER TO WIN MS250 CHAINSAW! For Sale 6