What's your 9 to 5 ?

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Update time I guess. Last October, I'd decided that actual work was causing me to not like working. I transfered into the Quality Control department at the same company. Fear not, I am really good at keeping quality from running rampant.

Since they haven't tossed me out after a 2 month trial period, I guess I get to keep the job. Now I go home every night with a headache instead of a back ache. Better to be an inspector than a supervisor though. Part problems are easy to fix compared to people problems.
Yep. I've never had a part argue with me.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Started out in a big woodshop outta high school, did falling for a timber outfit, then started building custom homes and log cabins, full circle back to having my own woodshop.

When someone inquires as to my chosen vocation I usually reply "Hundred Dolla Bill Chaser" or "Glorified Wood Butcher"
View attachment 59494View attachment 59496
Nice birdhouses.

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Since this I was furloughed from the railroad for almost two years. Got called back in March, but the work sucks and I had to take a $5 an hour pay cut, so today is actually my last day Headed out on my own subcontracting Plumbing and excavation.

Good luck Justin, there are 4 important things for a plumber to remember

1) Hot water is on the left-hold both hands up, stick your thumbs out, and the hand that forms an L is on your left
2) Shit and everything else runs downhill
3) Payday is on Friday
4) DON'T BITE YOUR FINGERNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf

1) Hot water is on the left-hold both hands up, stick your thumbs out, and the hand that forms an L is on your left
3) Payday is on Friday
Fark I didnt know I was left handed,,
No wonder I struggle,,

roberte

little man
Sep 30, 2013

3) Payday is on Friday
8" out of the corner to the 1st stud for the tub/shower valve