When will batteries take over....??

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Right now, when ya walk into a Stihl or Husky dealer, there's isn't much available when it comes to battery powered saws. But my guess is that is going to change - just give it a few years and we'll certainly be seeing more are more lithium ion powered motors. I wonder when we'll walk into stores and see more battery powered pro saws than gas powered ones.

When will we look back on gas powered models and say "Yeap, them were the good ole days...."

Reactions: 2 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I'm looking forward to it. Not so much the disappearance of gas powered models but a more mainstream entrance to battery stuff. I want to give the Oregon stuff a try but have my doubts. I'll wait for the Husky release and maybe someday be a Stihl dealer....... :notripe:

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I'm definitely looking forward to the battery powered stuff to come in the next decade.

I don't hate fuel but I'm really liking the thought of having rechargeable batteries for my saws.....

motomedik

Feb 26, 2012
One of the guys I work with has electric RC cars. He says the brushless motors he runs have as much as 5 HP at some sort of insane rpm. LiPo batteries are light and small. Seems there is some real potential there. Then all we need is solar to charge our saws.

Check this out
[video=youtube;9YmbFtJlZpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YmbFtJlZpU[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
I'm definitely looking forward to the battery powered stuff to come in the next decade.

I don't hate fuel but I'm really liking the thought of having rechargeable batteries for my saws.....

I can see it already...........damit just charged my 24vt batt with a 40vt charger now I need a new one and a full armature rebuild .....I remember ...back in the day ....I straight gassed one of those piston driven saws ....some things never change !!:ranting::sadshake::snoozin:

Reactions: 1 person